First Beer is Fermenting - Blue Mountains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waratah67

Reaction score
G'day folks. Complete noob here. Just got my first kit brew in the fermenter and started looking around the place for info as the temp dropped to 13C and I paniced!! Found this place and have now wrapped the wort in an old woolen blanket and its up to 22C with some satisfying looking foam on top.

I'm already appreciative and well informed and friendly community you have here.

Does anyone know of a good brew supply shop in Western Sydney or Blue Mountains? I would be keen to establish a trusted relationship with a retailer for advice and guidance too.

:)

Hello Waratah67,
I am in Mt Victoria. There are a few other brewers on this forum from the Blue Mountains.
I frequent Absolute Homebrew, at St Marys. Pat, the owner lives in Lawson, Is a very good brewer himself,
has very good brewing knowledge and is always good for a chat about brewing , or anything else .
If you provide more info about your location you may find a brewer close to you.

Regards

Graeme

Thanks Graeme. I live in Springwood, so St Marys would be fine. I just seem to remember brew shops being located at some time in both Katoomba and Faulconbridge?

The Faulconbridge Shop was owned by Pat but he closed it down after stating the St Marys Shop.

Good luck with the brewing

mrsupraboy said:
Very expensive tho
Yes mate true,but good service and friendly staff are worth paying of IMO.
I've gone to other brew shops in the area and the service wasn't comparable.

I would back pat at Absolute Homebrew against anybody else in
a home brew shop in the area.
He has great homebrew knowledge and is happy to chat and pass on his
knowledge. He also has a full stock of all grain brewing supplies and also
kits etc.

Pat is where I normally buy my bags of grain from. Also find home super helpful and very informative about grains and what they taste like / contribute and recipe advice.

Thanks guys. Well I have bottled my first brew, so I will check out these places as I prepare for my second. :D

Latest posts

Back