First Ag post

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cummy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm eagerly awaiting my Robobrew and pump to arrive in the mail this week. I'm wondering if anyone has created a video of an entire all grain brew on a similar system. Just want to get my head around the whole process visually. I'm thinking of a stone and wood recipie or Hefeweizen as a starter. It looks simple enough, or should I start with something else?

Start with a simple Pale Ale first. Crawl before you can walk

10% wheat
5% Xtal
85 % Ale Malt

Bitter to about 30-35 IBU

Dead simple and hard to stuff up

Cummy said:
Hi guys, I'm eagerly awaiting my Robobrew and pump to arrive in the mail this week. I'm wondering if anyone has created a video of an entire all grain brew on a similar system. Just want to get my head around the whole process visually. I'm thinking of a stone and wood recipie or Hefeweizen as a starter. It looks simple enough, or should I start with something else?
Looks as though there are a number of vids on youtube if you do a search there. Good luck.

Enjoy, the Robobrew looks like a good value piece of kit.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Start with a simple Pale Ale first. Crawl before you can walk
+1. Learn to make your own beer.
I have no idea why so many people like the clone idea....

I have to agree, giving yourself a specific flavour to achieve is setting yourself up for failure, because you've got pretty much zero chance of getting it. Just adds an extra layer of difficulty.... If all you are aiming for is 'a tasty beer' you're much more likely to achieve it.

With all that said, I still wanna make an Anchor Steam clone, that beer is sensational!

I'm not trying to exactly clone a beer but something similar. I may not get want I want but I know it will still be beer. Brewing it right now actually. And I finally understand efficiency. It's something about how ,uch beer you consume while brewing 19 litres? I get why people complain about low efficiency!

If I do back to back brews is a quick rinse with hot water sufficient cleaning?

Cummy said:
If I do back to back brews is a quick rinse with hot water sufficient cleaning?
should be as you will be boiling again

With Robobrews, BIAB in urn, Braumeisters etc it's all "hot side" as opposed to when the finished wort comes out through the tap, when it then becomes "cold side" - then it's a different ball game.

Of course hot side stuff needs to be scrupulously clean like your cookware at home, it doesn't need to be sanitised as such.

If you want to do a Stone and Wood Pacific I've had a few cracks and what came close was

65 degree mash with

60% Pilsner
40% Wheat

All Galaxy and assuming ~23L batch;

10g @ 20min
20g @ 10
20g @ flameout (This one probably means fifty different things to different people. For me it's hops sitting in wort above 90 degrees for ~10mins before I crank the chiller)
50g dry hop @ 18 degrees for 5 days

I've been splitting the difference between Rager and Tinseth as neither seem to really hit the mark for my taste and it was ~25 IBU

An OG 1.044 - FG ~ 1.008 with US-05 at 16 degrees for ~4.5%ABV

With the Robobrew and all that wheat you might need to throw some rice hulls into the mash for recirc.

Might be best to give Stu's idea a go first though until you're comfortable with your shiny new beast.

Back