Fire Extinguisher Co2 Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For adelaide people: ken from ceasefire has asked that we take him down a sample if possible of one of your brews when getting a refil. He is a top bloke and is happy to help us out. Lets keep him happy :)
He Also has 3.5kg for $90 full and $20 per fill after that. 1/4 inch female thread.
The 5kg is a 1/2 inch female thread.
Cheers

Quote:
"For anyone in Adelaide who is after 5kg fire extinguishers (syphon pipe removed), call Ken at Ceasefire on 0408 676 720 and he will be happy to tee it up for you - very helpful people there. Cost me $120 for 5kg extinguisher including filling, and costs about $25 for each refill"

Hi Guys,

i have just got onto a guy in Sydney who has 8 or so 3.5kg extinguishers like new tested and tagged and full if anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers
Craig

+1 for Ken at Ceasefire. Great service, great prices and great guys!!! I must remember to take a sample next time! Thanks to whoever got onto them in the first place. (I don't have any affiliation, I'm just a very happy customer)

iam in adelaide and i get my co2 bottle filled at , a to z fire protection alan ph 82517297 , he said he would sell 5 kg for $100 full

Anyone know places that sell & refill in Brisbane (preferably north of the river)

Anyone know places that sell & refill in Brisbane (preferably north of the river)
Don't know anyone north of the river, but you could try Blaze at Underwood, or Chubb in Archerfield. I bought mine at Blaze (5kg - $100 incl gas, dip tube removed. Ask for one that fits a homebrew regulator thread.), and get it refilled at Chubb ($30).

Cheers - Snow

Hi Guys,

i have just got onto a guy in Sydney who has 8 or so 3.5kg extinguishers like new tested and tagged and full if anyone is interested let me know.

Cheers
Craig

What is the cost and pickup location?

Did a lot of searching last time my stinguisher emptied & couldn't find a refiller on Northside.
Our old stinguisher filler up here stopped filling so had to look further afield. :angry:
Be aware that some fire extinguisher mobs will fill your bottle whilst others won't.

TP

Don't know anyone north of the river, but you could try Blaze at Underwood, or Chubb in Archerfield. I bought mine at Blaze (5kg - $100 incl gas, dip tube removed. Ask for one that fits a homebrew regulator thread.), and get it refilled at Chubb ($30).

Cheers - Snow

Cheers mate. Think I'll go for a smaller bottle but will check these places out.

Cheers mate. Think I'll go for a smaller bottle but will check these places out.

Some of the smaller ones need an adapter, ask them if they will rethread the cylinder and fit the standard tap valve, your reg will fit straight on, and the thing is not technically a fire extinguisher any more.

Some of the smaller ones need an adapter, ask them if they will rethread the cylinder and fit the standard tap valve, your reg will fit straight on, and the thing is not technically a fire extinguisher any more.
Thats what my ones like Screwy just explained it better :rolleyes:

Any1 got a ph. or adress for this mob 'blaze' at underwood.

cheers

Any1 got a ph. or adress for this mob 'blaze' at underwood.

cheers

They were called Blaze Fire Protection at 45 Chetwynd St, Loganholme. I just did a quick white pages search and can't find them. Maybe they folded.

- Snow

are there any places n Melbourne, I've been offered a couple of co2 red bottles and wasn't sure about the thread/fillers etc.. Is there any one in Melbourne where the appropriate "stuff" can be done ?

thanks
Matt

Hi Matt,

I got mine from UFE in Moorabin about 2 years ago.
http://www.ufeservices.com.au/

it ran out over christmas, so I got it refilled there last month.
It was cheaper than a LPG swap and go refill

Hi all,

Has anyone picking up a 5KG extinguisher from Ceasefire had trouble getting a micromatic reg to screw on securely?

They recommended I get a 1/2" BSP male - male nipple for the reg which I did, however the adapter doesn't really want to screw on far enough to be secure imo. It's almost like the nylon washer on the reg is too thick to allow the reg to screw on with enough rotations.

Taking the nylon washer off lets me screw it on securely - but I don't want to / won't use the thing without the washer.

I can't really solve the problem but it probably won't seal without the nylon washer anyway.

Hi all,

Has anyone picking up a 5KG extinguisher from Ceasefire had trouble getting a micromatic reg to screw on securely?

They recommended I get a 1/2" BSP male - male nipple for the reg which I did, however the adapter doesn't really want to screw on far enough to be secure imo. It's almost like the nylon washer on the reg is too thick to allow the reg to screw on with enough rotations.

Taking the nylon washer off lets me screw it on securely - but I don't want to / won't use the thing without the washer.

The thread required is BSPP (parallel) most nipples are threaded BSPT (tapered)

Water relies on the threads binding up to tighten and become waterproof, high pressure requires tape. Gas relies upon a full thread length contact to withstand pressure and a sealing washer or O ring of some description.

BSP.jpg

From memory, with mine I had to screw in the inner bit of it with an allen key. just a mil or so but that's all it needed.

I don't *think* this is my problem - although I don't have the right sized allen key to try it . looking at it this would screw the entire shank into the body / housing further which I don't think will help.

The thread required is BSPP (parallel) most nipples are threaded BSPT (tapered)

Water relies on the threads binding up to tighten and become waterproof, high pressure requires tape. Gas relies upon a full thread length contact to withstand pressure and a sealing washer or O ring of some description.

View attachment 36236

THIS makes a lot of sense. Thanks Screwtop - I reckon this is the bulk of my problem. Kind of explains why with the washer in it wobbles all over the place and an extra turn or two with the washer off locks it in tight. I'm guessing it'll be a much more solid connection. Now to find a place that will sell these. Will try ringing around tomorrow to find a 0.5" BSPP.

.On this topic also - I would seriously NOT recommend using a bunnings / plumbing store brass fitting (and not just because of the parallel vs tapered issue). Going by the difference in perceived strength / quality I wouldn't go near them for the extinguishers

Thanks for the responses guys.

Back