Finishing hops after yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewermp

Reaction score
Hi all first post and first time brewer here. I am going to ask a noobie question about something that I did that was quite silly.

I was making my first batch and got right until the point where I out the yeast in and close the lid. Then I was quickly reading through my instructions and forgot to chuck in my finishing hops. In a rush I threw the bag in stirred only to realise that I should put in before my yeast :(. Have I killed my first brew.

I am using wals wheat beer from country brewer FYI.

Thanks in advance :)

Oh cool. I was freaking out... It wasn't too long after so I was hoping for the best. I will provide an update after bottling :)

In time you will come to realise the foolishness of your question and concern.

And one day will by dry hopping 5 days or more into the ferment with 3 types of hops along with sugar additions.....and fruit......whoa the slippery slope....

yum beer said:
In time you will come to realise the foolishness of your question and concern.

And one day will by dry hopping 5 days or more into the ferment with 3 types of hops along with sugar additions.....and fruit......whoa the slippery slope....
Something I cant wait to learn :).

something to keep in mind along the way, yeast are pretty hardy but also quite sensitive.. as in, it takes a fair bit of abuse to kill them but you will get much better results keeping them happy

...things like temperature control and keeping simple sugars in balance with the recipe will get you a long way and keep you and the yeast happy.

Latest posts

Back