Finished The Mill Master Motorizing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the great pic Sammus it has helped me ,

I was thinking of mounting the motor below the mill, so the belt comes up through a slot in the table.

then it is easier to enclose and guard the motor now repositioned under the table under the mill,

and to cover the 'large pulley' make a simple box guard.

Just a suggestion otherwise it is difficult to make a guard when the motor is on top of the table .

Pumpy :)

No worries mate, its pushed up against a recess in the wall, it'd be pretty hard to get anything caught in the pulleys even if you were trying to. I also dont have kids or pets or anything thats going to do anything stupid when I'm not there, so I'm pretty content to leave it.

Still setting up things here as well. I did think about mounting the motor underneath as well but could not be ft make more mods to suit the motor.Gaurd should not be to hard to make. Still need to place a hopper on mill and make or get one of sully's gear gaurds. Used the mill first time last week-end and what a pain in the f****ng arse those gears are!! Blocking / stopping the mill..... I thought that some brewers may have been over re-acting but f**k no. Once I solve the gear problem IMHO the mill should be the ants pants.

When I first joint this forum some four years ago Frank (brissybrew) was a regular. Nowadays you hear squat. I still think Frank has a wealth of info to share and it would be nice to hear a bit from him on his thoughts on the PITA gears. Once again a very robust solid mill. If Craftbrewer and Beerbelly use one then then I can't see why over time it can't be a good investment for the average Back Yard Brewer like me.

BYB

IMGP2505.JPG

You would've thought that the people that designed the bloody mill in the first place would of looked at the gears and made a cover for them - i guess that there must be some much variation between mills where they are assembled in the factory in China, adding a geargaurd wasn't viable option?

Latest posts

Back