Finally Got Around To It

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feral Shane

Reaction score
Well three weeks ago I finally got around to brewing a recipe that Gavo posted ages ago. :lol: Cracked a couple tonight and it's great. Did have some problems though OG was lower than I thought it would be. I put that down to doing too many things at once when mashing and not giving it my full attention. Anyway added some LDME to bring it up. Also I used Corn Sugar when bottling some stubbies - result no carbonation at all (not happy). Luckily I also bottled some 500ml swing tops using carbonation drops. These are what I'm drinking now and loving them. I am persisting with the stubbies though, opened added a carb drop and recapped, hope this works because the brew is great.

Anyway putting down a Stella Artois clone tomorrow as it's starting to cool down around these parts and the surf report is not too good. :D

Good on ya for finally doing the brew. It is a goodun'.
The original recipe was aimed at 4% ABV with an efficiency of 70%. Efficiency will improve as you do a few more brews and fine tune your methods. My first partial was a paltry 60% but I now commonly get around 80%. No matter, there is no sin in topping up the gravity with a little more LDME. :ph34r:

Carbonation for this one is lower as it is the style for an English Bitter. How much priming sugar did you use? Are there any bubbles at all?

You could try the pocket sparkler method. Link.

Back