Finally, First Ag Under My Belt

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snagler

Reaction score
I finally made the leap and have nailed my first AG. The yeast has just been pitched and already cant wait for my next SG tasteing.
I decided to make Tonys "Bulls tail pale ale" All went as planned with minimal dramas. My promash efficiency came in at 86% (not bad for first go) Ill have to check my figures as this sounds too good to be true.
I would like to thank Tony for all his ongoing help with me going AG. I worked with Tony for 6 months or so not long ago, he opened my eyes to AG and provided me with a lot of information and help. I was doing kits for years not know the wonders and seduction of AG - Thanks again Tony
Also many thanks to the members of AHB who have helped in my transition to AG.

Well done Snagler :super: you've got a great teacher there in Tony & a top bloke as well. Good to see the transition to the dark side gathering momentum across the country :)

Cheers Ross

Well done mate - it will taste awesome, sounds like you had a dream run!

Cheers - MIke

No worries buddy.

hope you like it. you will have to throw down a LCBA clone next. I have had so many people comment on it.

I have made a couple of small changes to the recipe from my own and others tasting notes..... mainly dropping the acidulated malt. you dont need it with the water here in the valley

I have one planned soon with B SAAZ and NZ cascade flowers.

oooo its a nice drop for summer.

cheers

Congratulations.

I hope it turns out to be a cracker for you.

Cheers

Thirsty

Well done Snagler, welcome to real beer, glad it all went so smoothly.

Screwy

Awesome work snagler. I've just finished the keg of my first AG, so I guess you could say it's under my belt too.

I hope they all go as smoothly.

No worries buddy.

hope you like it. you will have to throw down a LCBA clone next. I have had so many people comment on it.

I have made a couple of small changes to the recipe from my own and others tasting notes..... mainly dropping the acidulated malt. you dont need it with the water here in the valley

I have one planned soon with B SAAZ and NZ cascade flowers.

oooo its a nice drop for summer.

cheers

Once again your doing the hard yards for me Tony, I have been racking my brain thinking "well what next"
That LCBA clone would be a top choice for my second brew. Its the one you have posted in the recipe section am I right? Im going to go to the bottle shop this arvo and buy a LCBA or two to remind myself of the taste.

I finally made the leap and have nailed my first AG. The yeast has just been pitched and already cant wait for my next SG tasteing.
I decided to make Tonys "Bulls tail pale ale" All went as planned with minimal dramas. My promash efficiency came in at 86% (not bad for first go) Ill have to check my figures as this sounds too good to be true.
I would like to thank Tony for all his ongoing help with me going AG. I worked with Tony for 6 months or so not long ago, he opened my eyes to AG and provided me with a lot of information and help. I was doing kits for years not know the wonders and seduction of AG - Thanks again Tony
Also many thanks to the members of AHB who have helped in my transition to AG.

Any Pics ?

I like Pics

Pumpy :)

No sorry pumpy, no pictures. I meant to take pictures as the process went along and of my setup but clean forgot. I guess I was too focused at the job at hand, concentrateing hard etc not wanting to stuff up.
I will post a picture of it with comments in "whats in the the glass"
I promise to get photos of my second go - Probably Tonys LCBA clone.

Back