Finally A Place To Buy Decent Beer In Hobart!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we made it back in there for a few on the 20th for a few more, though wasn't a late one as I was flying out the next morning. was recognized by most of the staff :unsure: (pretty sure we were mostly well behaved)

Looks like I will be back there in a few weeks for a weekend stint.. If I'm back in Hobart I will definitely be visiting the New Sydney again, All the staff knew their shit, didn't get any of them not knowing the answer to questions I had, not a big bar, but being Hobart you dont expect that either.

Decent tap line up, notably, the Coopers Vintage through the randal I was a bit disappointing in, but then I think Coopers Vintage is pretty shit anyway (this years and not aged so there may be something in that)

I didnt eat there but the pub grub looked pretty good coming out and next time Im there I'll be eating there for sure.

I'll let you know what my movements are on PM Smoko

I should add, it was also good to see the Hope and Anchor with some crafty Taps, they had a captain Bligh Harbor Master pale ale (dunno about the yeast but I suspect something english)

Beer and brewer link and a little piece in Brews News

sorry, quick search but I cant turn up anything on the beer itself.

last time I was in there all they had was Coopers so good to see some crafty beers getting a gig.

Took me a while to find CoolWine, def got a decent selection. Hard to restrain myself but tried an IStout by 8 Wired, very nice.

Have enjoyed Captain Bligh's Six Guineas at the Hope and Anchor with a dozen oysters..... :icon_drool2:

Yob said:
we made it back in there for a few on the 20th for a few more, though wasn't a late one as I was flying out the next morning. was recognized by most of the staff :unsure: (pretty sure we were mostly well behaved)

Looks like I will be back there in a few weeks for a weekend stint.. If I'm back in Hobart I will definitely be visiting the New Sydney again, All the staff knew their shit, didn't get any of them not knowing the answer to questions I had, not a big bar, but being Hobart you dont expect that either.

Decent tap line up, notably, the Coopers Vintage through the randal I was a bit disappointing in, but then I think Coopers Vintage is pretty shit anyway (this years and not aged so there may be something in that)

I didnt eat there but the pub grub looked pretty good coming out and next time Im there I'll be eating there for sure.

I'll let you know what my movements are on PM Smoko

We flew back home to Brisbane this afternoon but did manage to get to Preachers and The New Sydney yesterday. Also managed a quick couple at Preachers on Friday mid afternoon.

I had the Coopers Vintage 2 weeks ago and thought it was not bad, I'm sure they said they had just put the Helga in so it was nice and fresh. They had cider running through fruit when we went there last night. Harbour Master pale was a tasty substitute. We ate there last time in town and the food was great.

smokomark said:
They had cider running through fruit when we went there last night.
I wondered what they were loading that up for, it had the fruit but wasnt flooded when we left :beer:

Back