Best Place To Buy Beer In Tassie

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Churchill

Reaction score
G'day all.

I was up the north end of the State a couple of weeks ago and stumbled upon a great find.

I was heading through Burnie thinking to myself 'what's the chances of finding some nice beer in Burnie.'
Well I thought my chances were probably next to nill.
Anyway I stumbled upon a Big Bargain Bottleshop in the centre of town and thought I would try my luck.

So I walk in the bottleshop and the guy behind the counter asks 'Can I help you?'
Thinking I already know the reply I ask anyway. 'You don't have any Craft Beers do you?'
He smiles and says 'Do we have craft beer...(dramatic pause) do you see that fridge over there and that shelf over there.' I follow the sweep of his arm and my jaw begins to drop. But he's not finished yet.
'And that shelf over there and the other side of it.'

By now my legs have started to take me towards the first shelf and I think I missed what he said next but I think my response was something like. 'Holy shit I've come to the right place then.'
He had a bit of a chuckle and said 'Yeah we've got a couple.'

A couple turned out to be something like three hundred different beers from all around the world.
I was in heaven.
In fact I spent close to half an hour in there before he said 'Geez you must have a very patient wife.'
I had almost forgotten that she was in the car waiting with our three kids. Luckily she is quite understanding when it comes to me and beer.

Anyway I was quite amazed with finding this little gem in Tassie and thought I would post it here for others to see in case they are not aware of it and to also support a business that makes the effort to get some great beers.

In fact if anyone wants to add some other places in Tassie that go that extra yard to source great beer for us go ahead.

Most of us probably are already aware of Cool Wines in Hobart.
In Kingston Wine Cellars in Channel Court stock a few also.

Cheers

Brad

sounds like a must visit in burnie..i went to the distillery and tried there product..

Back