Fill A Bottle From A Fire Extinguisher

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrsy85

Reaction score
Hi All,

Yesterday I had the great fortune of receiving a free 3.5g wormald fire putter outera. i've seen people use these for a CO2 source but the seals go on them quickly and the guy who gave it to me said the gas will be gone in a week once i cracked it. I have access to a 2kg Beergas bottle from a pub plus some 2kg O2 bottles from the hospital.
My Question is can i transfer the gas from the fire extinguisher to the gas bottle? fittings aren't problem, it's the process i'm wondering bout?

Cheers

i would assume if the beergas bottle is empty the gas will naturally flow to the area with least pressue, i can imagine though once the pressure equalizes it will stop flowing from one to the other. ( some one will shut me down though )

maybe 1+1 = keg I.E fire ex connected to beer gas then to the keg ( if you can get fittings right )

Hi All,

Yesterday I had the great fortune of receiving a free 3.5g wormald fire putter outera. i've seen people use these for a CO2 source but the seals go on them quickly and the guy who gave it to me said the gas will be gone in a week once i cracked it. I have access to a 2kg Beergas bottle from a pub plus some 2kg O2 bottles from the hospital.
My Question is can i transfer the gas from the fire extinguisher to the gas bottle? fittings aren't problem, it's the process i'm wondering bout?

Cheers

Seriously, if you have to ask, you shouldnt be doing it. You dont have a bottle of gas, you have a bottle of liquid. It is possible to move liquid CO2 from one bottle to another, but if in the process you create the situation where some of the liquid turns rapidly back into a gas, which requires vastly more volume to live in, something has to blow.

On a similar topic, does anyone know how I can refill my cigarette lighter from my 9kg LPG barbecue gas bottle?
Shoppe.

On a similar topic, does anyone know how I can refill my cigarette lighter from my 9kg LPG barbecue gas bottle?
Shoppe.

I really hope your kidding. Cigarette lighters contain butane anyway from memory. Geeze some people come up with crazy ideas.

Pock

Err I think its called a since of humour, it made me laugh.

MHB

Here is a way
P3150006.JPG

I posted this with full instructions about four years ago but as I am computer illiterate, I cant find it. If your'e clever you will.

Here is a way
View attachment 25783

I posted this with full instructions about four years ago but as I am computer illiterate, I cant find it. If your'e clever you will.

Possibly a good method if you know what your doing but myself....I'll pay the 12 bucks to refill my soda stream bottle.

Brad

Well after much thought, I've decided it's going to be too much hassle, plus, I have just found a good source of 1kg co2 bottles that I can take back and swap at any time for free wooot :lol:

The "how to move CO2 from fire ex to gas bottle" thought process closed, leaving room for the 120 bottle tree... :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back