Fg And Fermentation Time For Margans Blue Mountain K&k

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henderjo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone with experience brewing a Morgan's Blue Mountain Larger kit?...
I put down a brew on Tuesday:
MBM Larger + LHBS prepackaged sugar containing sugar, a little LDM (say about 150 - 200gm) and a little dried hops - total weight 1Kg and using the yeast from the kit pitched straight into the wort.
I have brewed it at 16 degrees C - I was expecting a brew time of around 9-12 days at that temp. It seems to have stalled at an FG of 1010 in just under 5 days... or is it done?

Starting SG was around 1040. Maybe I just have a light larger?

Any ideas welcome.

John.

I'd say it is pretty much done ... if your brewing sugar had some malt and a bit of maltodextron, you would expect a FG of around 1.010.

Wouldn't hurt to leave it an extra couple of days anyway at that temp

It won't hurt to leave it for 14 days, unless you are short on beer. :) 1010 is pretty well close to the mark.

cheers
BB

I did one a few months back, the guy at my brew shop said it did not have a real lager yeast so i added 15g european lager yeast instead of kit yeast. then had it brewing for nearly two and a half weeks at 14c. Might not hurt if you raised the temp to 18c

I dont mean to be anal, but it is spelt L-A-G-E-R, LAGER. say it slowly, l - a - g - e - r
If you are brewing a larger, then i appologize. (never heard of a larger, but i dont know everything) ;)

Thanks guys,
racked it two days later - chilled it - just filtered it - a little bit of yeast cake in the bottom of the keg - so I guess it was close but not quite done - lucky I don't bottle :D

Thanks to Mr Anal Rack too - for not picking me up on the Morgan's typo, really appreciate it, and your comments, I'm sure I'll be making better beer right away, or did you just miss that one?

Back