Fester Is Back

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Fester

Old, Grumpy and PROUD of it!
Reaction score
Howdy all.

After about an 18 month sebatical in which I sold/bought houses, did a green change onto acreage and set up living in a shed, it is time for me to dust off the kit and start getting some decent beer back on tap.

When I was an addict to this site, the AG beer of choice was Dr Smurto's golden ale, or Jayse's skunk fart.

What's the consensus? Has there been another lay down mizzaire beer that has emerged whilst I have been absent from the forum that I simply must have a crack at?

Happy to try about anything. - Just want to get some non commercial beer into the fridge (although coopers has held me in good stead for over a year now) ;)

Single mash, batch sparge etc...... all simple stuff. No lagering facility yet (will have to wait until the house is built and I can claim all of the living shed for myself :p )

Anyway, rambling over now, and back to work.

Yours in brewing.

Uncle Fester.

When I was an addict to this site, the AG beer of choice was Dr Smurto's golden ale, or Jayse's skunk fart.

What's the consensus? Has there been another lay down mizzaire beer that has emerged whilst I have been absent from the forum that I simply must have a crack at?
This one even has a video made about it

Last edited by a moderator:
DRGA is still no 1 AG beer.

I've had a few newbs give feedback on my SMaSH there, but for sheer weight of numbers, I don't think anyone will ever get close to DSGA.

Just look through the comments on the recipe - we had a spate of them where the member hadn't brewed them yet, and were using the recipedb as a kind of beersmith.

Goomba

Welcome back Fester!

Argon has a few cracking beers on the database that rate highly.

Philip's 10min IPA also is a crcking brew.

Smurt's GA is dated now ;) ... unless you add 30% plus of Rye to it! (That would make Dr S smile!)

Latest posts

Back