"Fermostat" Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
Saw this referenced on another forum (Braumeister) and thought it may be of some interest here.

The poster stated he can program the unit for a stepped fermentation over a number of days including ramping to a diacetyl rest and then cold crashing such that when he returns home after 4 weeks away the beer is ready to gelatine and keg

http://www.ohmbrewautomations.com/

A search didn't reveal that it has been referenced/posted before

Wobbly

That would be me :ph34r:

It's a great bit of kit that I was lucky enough to pick up second hand.

My only slight gripe is that although it can be switched from fahrenheit to celsius, at the moment, you have to program the temperatures in fahrenheit. This is apparently going to be fixed in an upcoming firmware update.

WARNING!!!!!!!

The Fermostat has been pulled from Australian sales as it's non-compliant with Aus. electrical standards. Caveat emptor!!!

I'm reliably informed that the manufacturer is attempting to gain compliance in this country for future releases.

It's a great bit of gear. The whole compliance thing, whilst legally and technically true, is also largely a stinking piece of shit.

Point being, it doesn't mean that the unit is unsafe, just that it doesn't have Australian documentation.

There are PLENTY of commonly sold locally manufactured temp control units that don't either.

McMelloW said:
High price for such kit. I build my own according to this blog for less the 35 euro
Perhaps you didn't understand the post.
The controller he referenced is capable of "...a stepped fermentation over a number of days including ramping to a diacetyl rest and then cold crashing..." i.e. programmable.
Your link was a bog standard STC-1000 build that every third person here has made and can only be set to one temperature.
I have built 3 that cost less than 20 euro each. You are paying too much for the STC-1000. Ebay and Alibaba are cheaper, the last one I purchased was around 9 pounds

Back