Fermenting Kit Beer At Around 25 Degrees

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But his question is "can I do it".

Yes he can.

Which you'll see was my initial response to the question. As for whether he'd like it or not - it is pretty easy to buy crap beer.

Dude. eThugs 4 leif.

Which you'll see was my initial response to the question.

Not as supportive as you project. Actually, your first response was this:

The answer is: yes, your nail polish remover will be ready to bottle inside 7 days if you ferment at 25 degrees.

Isn't nail polish remover mostly acetone ? If so, it's to great personal interest to me, can I make my own acetone at home, with little more than high brewing temperatures as my method?

Isn't nail polish remover mostly acetone ? If so, it's to great personal interest to me, can I make my own acetone at home, with little more than high brewing temperatures as my method?

As I understand it (and I will admit that I'm not so big on beauty products) that acetone is frowned upon these days and that ethyl acetate is the new champion of clean nails. I can tell you how to push ethyl acetate esters in your beer: ferment hot.

[EDIT: clarification]

I can only take your word on that, because I haven't used it for years. My fingernails have been paint-free for most of my adult life. Myer cosmetic counter disneyland marketables aside, you did suggest that jamieh would make acetone. In that first glorious post that you referred back to at #61.

Cut me down if you wish, but I just dont think that a tooheys kit (with, well who ******* knows, probably sugar) at 25 degrees is going to produce an end product that would be considered acetone.

How well does acetone store in PET ?

Quote it. Quote the part where I said acetone.

Maybe not. Go to ebay.com and type in the word 'acetone'

The first five results are:

SUPERNAIL PURE ACETONE POLISH REMOVER(CLEAR) 32 OZ

Pump Dispenser Nail Art Acetone Polish Remover A9

ZOYA REMOVE + ACETONE REMOVER 3 IN 1 LAVENDAR SCENT 2oz

ONYX NAIL POLISH REMOVER 100% PURE ACETONE 4oz

2 x Nail Art PUMP DISPENSER Acetone Polish Remover

Which would indicate that Acetone may still be the preferred nail polish remover in the mainstream community.

Nope. None of that discounts the fact that I never said acetone. Nor does it discount the fact that ethyl acetate is a common nail polish remove and undesirable ester in beer caused by fermenting too hot.

But, by all means, feel free to take all your brewing tips from eBay in future.

Wow, dont you boys go to sleep, fighting over semantics at 2:30 in the morning!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_vomit:

Can't sleep.

World Cup.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...p;hl=&st=25

Start at the bottom and work your way up and onto the more recent page. See if you still wanna be this dude's champion.

I can see the reasons for the frustrations from some here after reading the members earlier posts, but as a member he has the right to post them, and hey, lets not lose the fact of the matter that we are all members on this wonderful HB site, and should be bloody grateful that we have all discovered it. I feel we each have a responsibility of courtesy to respect our fellow members and to help wherever possible.... yes we may read a topic and think what a dopey, "crap" question, and yes, there are some who can be annoying, but just remember we are not compelled to answer any query, we can read it and pass over it and move on without posting personal replies.

I regard myself as a "noobie" (started brewing part time in 2004 with no success and retired until recently) and greatly appreciate, and thank you, for the wonderful help and guidance given to questions I have asked, when I take the big step off KB and start the next phase ( I'm still eyeing off the missus big stainless steel cooker) then you can expect a heap more questions / queries and I know there are members here only to glad to help, members who feel they have achieved something by helping out someone with a range of informative and excellent suggestions. My ambition is to one day make a bloody great beer, and it's you guys who I will be asking for your advice and knowledge to make that happen. I can't wait for the time when I can answer questions for a "noobie,'' and even though I have little all round knowledge I would find it quite an honour to help in some way, so come on guys lets not be over critical of each other and let's just do what we're best at, and that is helping each other produce bloody good grog! On a lighter note (as I step down from the pulpit) ...... please be gentle with my topic regarding clean bottles ( I posted it before reading this topic) and no bashing me up if it's a stupid question:) and yes I did a google search on the topic.

Thanks fellas for providing some entertainment on a sunday arv, a coupla pints of APA, a few slices of reheated homemade pizza and something funny to read...reminded me of a couple fueding like on Modern Family..... oh well back to the yard.

To the OP..... As has been stated if you want to speed up the ferment look at lowering the OG so the yeast has less to chew through. Best practise is to not start ferment at 25. My advice to you would be try it then learn about the flavours some are talking about and take notes.

Back off topic...........for those that may say this is bad advice, well yes it is. But by reading through the OP's previuos posts I think this may be the best way of learning. And no offence is intended I have found this is the way most of my students learn.

cheers

I can see the reasons for the frustrations from some here after reading the members earlier posts, but as a member he has the right to post them, and hey, lets not lose the fact of the matter that we are all members on this wonderful HB site, and should be bloody grateful that we have all discovered it. I feel we each have a responsibility of courtesy to respect our fellow members and to help wherever possible.... yes we may read a topic and think what a dopey, "crap" question, and yes, there are some who can be annoying, but just remember we are not compelled to answer any query, we can read it and pass over it and move on without posting personal replies.

And a great big +1 No wonder the older and most experienced forum members don't bother posting or have moved on. ( If you happen to be pissed when posting you can always go back and delete your posts later !).

My only gripe with the OP is always posting in the wrong section.... :icon_cheers:

P.S. Good on Manticle who tries to answer most questions without attacking the poster no matter who or how strange or crazy the question may seem to be. :beerbang: :drinks:

And a great big +1 No wonder the older and most experienced forum members don't bother posting or have moved on. ( If you happen to be pissed when posting you can always go back and delete your posts later !).

My only gripe with the OP is always posting in the wrong section.... :icon_cheers:

P.S. Good on Manticle who tries to answer most questions without attacking the poster no matter who or how strange or crazy the question may seem to be. :beerbang: :drinks:

Manticle has helped me along the way and is always ready to help

Manticle has helped me along the way and is always ready to help

Ha Ha nothing like dat Irish feller in his Avatar. :party:

Seeing as this thread is bent out of shape by now.

He's pretty damn good looking IRL as well
Good looking? The man has "movie star" good looks.

Unfortunately, it's this movie star:
gollum.jpg

Edit: Sorry man, we love ya!

Back