Fermenting Fridge?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I to would be interested in seeing the converted fridge.. I have a few I would like to do that to.

+3. I'd be really nervous about cutting through a pipe or something. In normal fridge/freezers are there never any pipes between the two compartments?

My 2c on the original question:

Option 2 except just buy a second hand normal size fridge/freezer. Don't have to worry about internal space or cooling grunt. Lots going on fleabay very cheap. Say $50, plus $60 for the fridgemate will get you set up.

Fridgemate sits on top, no mods to fridge required. Just the thin sensor wire goes into the fridge via the door.

+3. I'd be really nervous about cutting through a pipe or something. In normal fridge/freezers are there never any pipes between the two compartments?

Yes! Some fridges do, and some don't. Mine didn't.

I was lucky enough to find someone on a US forum that had done exactly what I wanted to do to exactly the same fridge.

I'll post photos shortly.

Finally found the photos buried in another thread.

P6230013_1.JPG
P6230014_2.JPG
P6230018_3.JPG

Just cut the hole between the two sections using a jigsaw, and then trimmed it with some plastic trim.

Just cut the hole between the two sections using a jigsaw, and then trimmed it with some plastic trim.

nice work... I see you have two fermenters in your fridge.. how wide is your fridge?

or are they high slim fermenters?

Standard 30 litre fermenters. It's just a wide fridge.

Finally found the photos buried in another thread.
Thanks for the pic's. Neat job!
I believe I have seen your photos on another threat, but that was before I got my new/old fridge.

Thanks for the replies and pictures its nice to see what they look like in action.

Now all I need is to find a suitable fridge.

Cheers,

Stagwa

Back