• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fermenting fridge interest

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottloBill

Reaction score
So the wifey has upgraded to a new fridge and has kindly given me the old one for a fermenting chamberB) this will replace the one I am currently using thus meaning it will soon be up for grabs. I have kept all the shelves and also the crisper box that sits at the bottom. I have also made up a alloy checkerplate shelf that sits over the crisper. I can comfortably fit my 30L fermenters in with the taps angle to the side. Asking ##$50.00##. I currently have my second allgrain attempt fermenting in it so after It's finished I will give it a clean and then it ready....stay posted for updates....

1416464694380.jpg

1416464721924.jpg

1416464753805.jpg

1416464892619.jpg

Silly, silly person!!!!

Unless you have space issues, what you have there is a perfect hop freezer with serving chamber underneath for kegs/bottles.

Ideal fermentation-dedicated fridges are single-chamber (ie. no freezer), so you haven't been using that to it's full potential.

Rip the plastic door mouldings out & replace it with a single sheet of steel (talk nicely to your local sheetmetal fabricator mob & offer beer!). Drill a couple of holes & fit taps. Instant kegerator!

Use the freezer chamber for storing hops & frozen yeast cultures (slippery slope there, just ask Yob....).

If I hadn't already done that with my old fridge/freezer, I'd be jumping all over your $50 offer like a rabid Rottweiler on speed!!

Source another small (single-chamber) fridge to use as your fermentation chamber.

Voila! I love it when a plan comes together!

MartinOC said:
Silly, silly person!!!!

Unless you have space issues, what you have there is a perfect hop freezer with serving chamber underneath for kegs/bottles.

Ideal fermentation-dedicated fridges are single-chamber (ie. no freezer), so you haven't been using that to it's full potential.

Rip the plastic door mouldings out & replace it with a single sheet of steel (talk nicely to your local sheetmetal fabricator mob & offer beer!). Drill a couple of holes & fit taps. Instant kegerator!

Use the freezer chamber for storing hops & frozen yeast cultures (slippery slope there, just ask Yob....).

If I hadn't already done that with my old fridge/freezer, I'd be jumping all over your $50 offer like a rabid Rottweiler on speed!!

Source another small (single-chamber) fridge to use as your fermentation chamber.

Voila! I love it when a plan comes together!
I'm hearing you and couldn't agree more but 4 square metres of my mancave houses a 300ltr chest freezer just for hops and yeast, a bar fridge tapped with 3x9ltr party kegs and 215ltr stand alone fridge for bottle conditioning.....and divorce if I dare plug in anymore appliances:blink:

Hmmm..... Serious negotiation skills required, or just sell it as-planned.

Unless you could go for 20L kegs instead of the 9L ones (identical footprint)?

are you in melbourne? if so, i'll take it!

BottloBill said:
So the wifey has upgraded to a new fridge and has kindly given me the old one for a fermenting chamberB) this will replace the one I am currently using thus meaning it will soon be up for grabs. I have kept all the shelves and also the crisper box that sits at the bottom. I have also made up a alloy checkerplate shelf that sits over the crisper. I can comfortably fit my 30L fermenters in with the taps angle to the side. Asking ##$50.00##. I currently have my second allgrain attempt fermenting in it so after It's finished I will give it a clean and then it ready....stay posted for updates....
sorry didnt put location....Newcastle

To quote MartinOC, Silly,silly person.
You have been set up !
Your missus gets a new fridge,you get another beer fridge...for the mancave....wrong!
It's a take over,Xmas is coming,shit loads of rellies are going to descend on your place and all the food is going to be put in your new beer fridge,in your mancave and while they are there they'll drink your beer!

How do I know? It happened to me. :)
It really did.

Oh and 2months later while I was away my eldest son knocked the bloody thing off claiming that I already had a beer fridge and he didn't. Double whammy .

spog said:
You have been set up !
Your missus gets a new fridge,you get another beer fridge...for the mancave....wrong!
It's a take over,Xmas is coming,shit loads of rellies are going to descend on your place and all the food is going to be put in your new beer fridge,in your mancave and while they are there they'll drink your beer!

It really did.
that's the way it's been for the last 3 years...only that the deal is I am feeding them and I do not supply the lubricants to wash it down;)

BottloBill said:
Bump

I am thinking of including a single phase temp controller to sweeten the deal. Ready to go in about about 2 weeks time....CHA-CHING

You have been set up !

It really did.

Oh and 2months later while I was away my eldest son knocked the bloody thing off claiming that I already had a beer fridge and he didn't. Double whammy .
he he that's rough!

Hey mate. Does it hold 2 fermenters or just the one? Super interested if it can take two...

Back