Fermenter Quality

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for your fermenter

• Kit fermenter eg Coopers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LHBS supplied

• Cheap Bunnings water barrel

• Other

• Total voters
The old Coppers ones have the snap lid and are the best fermenters if you like an airlock bubbling,best to clean as well.

A guy at Pomona markets has them (white plastic ) 30lt $10.00,they have the tap thread,you need to drill an air lock hole.

Myself? I use screw tops but with glad wrap.

Bindi PM me a price for a couple of fermenters,perhaps I have a few s/steel fittings you may want to swap?

Batz

The old Coppers ones have the snap lid and are the best fermenters if you like an airlock bubbling,best to clean as well.

A guy at Pomona markets has them (white plastic ) 30lt $10.00,they have the tap thread,you need to drill an air lock hole.

Batz

I will soon be looking for a couple of those snap lid fermenters Batz. They are food-grade I presume?
What day & what time do Pomona Markets do their thing?

TP :beer:

These are the fermenters that I have currently-

1x double fermenter from LHBS. I use it for primary fermenting because I always do double batches (now I've upped them to 50L)
1x Fermenter form my LHBS. I bought this around about the time of my third batch, as I wanted to do two batches at once, and then I used it for racking.
1x Coopers fermenter I got with my original kit. Interestingly enough I use this one the most- as a bottling bucket and as a container to drop my chilled wort into so I can then go and splash it into the primary fermenter (I do it in two lots, of course)
3x Cubes from Ray's Outdoors. I'm in two minds about these- they are easy to stack, but are buggers to clean. I use them to age beers and to also give my friend his half of brews we make together (he has two of mine in his house right now)

In all reality, a container is a container and what's important is what you put in it.

Managed to loosen the lid, for the record belt didn't work as the Bunnings lids are smooth, ended up getting a large screwdriver and levering the sides to "crack the seal" a little.
Then it came off easily.

1 x 25L Brigalow. Used mainly for ginger beer and cider.
1 x 30L from LHBS. Primary beer fermenter.
1 x 25L Plastic Jerry Can. Clearing/lagering/couldn't be bothered bottling container.

The seals on all of these appear to be good. Airlock on the first two always seems to bubble. Jerry can has swollen quite badly a few times when I've been too eager to get another brew on.

Latest posts

Back