Fermenter Liner Bags

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If infections are often enough for you to notice a reduction but still experience them I would suggest something else is more seriously wrong in your processes.

Definitely worth a try as is everything but I don't think a plastic barrier would be enough to completely eliminate infections from an infected fermenter.

Also I think Bribie explained the usage impacts on process pretty well in his above post.

Sounds like a great idea, however taking S.G readings may be a pain in the arse. I'm all for cutting down brew / cleaning time.

Lethal makes a good point. For example out of maybe 300 AG brews so far I've only had to toss two due to infection, that doesn't count three cubes that got chucked as well but that was before fermentation.

I'd speculate that using a liner might introduce other avenues for infection, for example having to open up the top and put a device down into the beer .. syphon hose or pump tube, whatever.

There's also the problem of getting a good clean sample of slurry from the bottom of the bag if you are into saving slurry, as many do.

In the case of Brew on Premises operations they would save a heck of a lot on time and wages, simply pull out and discard. However from my point of view at home, cleaning and sanitising the fermenter isn't too big a deal, using perc it more or less does itself overnight.

Back