Fermentation Time?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabs

Reaction score
G'day everyone,

I relise this topic has been posted before but I couldnt find the answer im looking for anywhere....

At the moment Im brewing a Coopers Sparkling Ale its been in the fermenter for 10days now, I took a reading today at 1014 at 22 degrees.

My problem is that in 2 days I leave on holidays for a couple of weeks.

My question is: Will the brew be damaged if it is left in the fermenter untill I get back, bearing in mind it will have been in there for nearly a month. Or is it better to bottle before I go?

Cheers

More questions rather than answers.

How long has the brew been at 1014 ? If it's been there for a couple of days it may be finished.

What was the recipe and yeast used ? Other people here know attenuation of ingredients better than I do and may be able to give you a better answer.

Do you have temperature control ? If you're doing it at 22 degrees C then probably not. Back to the first and second questions I'm afraid. If you do have temperature control, you could drop it down to 10 degrees C (assuming it's an ale yeast) and the yeast should go to sleep and you should be right for your holidays.

To me it sounds like it's close to being finished. I'm unsure of effects on the brew if left for a month without temperature control.

G'day Tyred

Thanks for the help I think u could be right about the fermentation being almost finished, a 3 or so days ago it was reading 1016.

the following ingredients were used:
Coopers Sparkling Ale - yeast that was included in the can
Light Malt booster
Coopers Malt extract light

Latest posts

Back