Fermentaion Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedgehog

Reaction score
Gday all

Has anybody got a fermentation fridge set up in the Tweed Heads / Byron bay area I can have a look at?

Would be nice to see one up close.

J

There must be heaps of photo's of these. what did you want to know?

they are pretty simple.

Mine is just approx 250l fridge only unit. fits 4 cubes (plastic jerry cans) in it, I I hook the power cord to my temp controller's cool power, put a light inside the fridge and connect to the heat power. pop the thermometer into a 2l coke bottle filled with water.

set the st1000 (temp controller) to 19 degrees and leave them for about a week..

here is a pic of the bottom...

beer_fridge.jpg

Hey thanks Awesome Fury, you answered all my questions in one go.

I thought there was a load of wiring and crap to do to set one up, but it looks pretty simple.

I'm on E-bay right now ordering a ST1000

Thanks again J

Hey thanks Awesome Fury, you answered all my questions in one go.

I thought there was a load of wiring and crap to do to set one up, but it looks pretty simple.

I'm on E-bay right now ordering a ST1000

Thanks again J
There is in a way...
Most if not all (happy to be corrected on this) of these units do come un-assembled and require wiring. If you are comfortable doing it, or have someone who can, then that's fine.
That's where all the wiring needs to be done, the temperature control unit, once you have that the setup of the fridge is easy.

I was about to say the same thing.

you do need to wire up the controller (just looked it up it's a stc-1000). there is a diagram in the tread about the st1000.
u can get screw in connectors if u can't solder.

or get a friend or electrician to wire it up. shouldn't cost that much.

ill post a photo of mine, next time i'm home.

check this out:
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=684654

post_13835_1285468869_thumb.jpg

, I I hook the power cord to my temp controller's cool power, put a light inside the fridge and connect to the heat power. pop the thermometer into a 2l coke bottle filled with water.

set the st1000 (temp controller) to 19 degrees and leave them for about a week..

View attachment 49479

I just orderd an STC..can you run both heating and cooling devices concurrently?
ie as you suggest a heating device and the fridge?...perfect for fickle Vic weather that gets hot in the day and cold at night...I used to brew in Broome and only EVER used cooling.

that's exactly what i'm doing..

that white cable hanging down is the power cord for a lamp i have in the fridge. (will take better pics when home)

Latest posts

Back