Fementer Thermometer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
Hey does anyone use or know of a themometer that I could buy a couple of and install into the side of all my fementers. They are plastic ones and it would be good if it could be removed without to much hassle.

What would be perfect is a small 1 1/12" dial version of the mashmaster ones.

Hey does anyone use or know of a themometer that I could buy a couple of and install into the side of all my fementers. They are plastic ones and it would be good if it could be removed without to much hassle.

What would be perfect is a small 1 1/12" dial version of the mashmaster ones.

Hey mate,

No need to drill out your fermenters, install dial, etc. to get a temp reading. Just use the flexible sticker thermometers (like the kind you see used with fishtanks) and away you go. Obviously, a HBS will have stickers that work in lager/ale range. If you're after something more accurate, get a floating glass thermometer and drop it in the ferm (I realise you'll have to take your lid off to catch a reading).

Finally, you have a FridgeMate temp controller on your Dreamlist. Might be time for you to pony up and grab one, even if you don't have your chest freezer (yet). I use electrical tape to attach the probe to the side of my fermenters. Going this route, you will be able to get readings on the ferm temps, and when you do get the freezer, can start actually controlling those temps.

A weldless 4" dial is around $44 less shipping. the FM is $47 last time I checked.

Hope helps,
reVox

edit: just backread.. you didn't actually specify FridgeMate, just temp controller but I would highly recommend the FM (no affil) having used several including analogue. The FM beats them all hands-down. ;)

Thanks reVox. Some good sudgestions there.

My problem with the stickers is that, for me at least they were never that acurate.

Im looking for something that messures from inside the wort to get an acurate temp reading. If im fermenting more than one beer at a time it would be good to have a little thermometer on each.

Thanks for the tips,

Back