Favorite beer glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
German club is Bris stocks it , maybe some where down there does ? Isn't there a German hamlet in the hills near Adelaide , might be worth a shot .

Love my frosted Peroni glass for style (but not capacity), and love my Little Creatures pint glass for capacity. Cheers!

C360_2013-09-25-16-40-22-751 (960x1280).jpg

IMG_20130903_203332_467 (960x1280).jpg

Love drinking out of any of the Speiglau beer glasses, have their IPA and wheat glasses. Other than that just a regular schooner.

Spieglau IPA glasses for me too, before that it was the frosted Peroni pilsner glasses

Mine was my dimpled glass I got for a 3rd placing at last years Nationals, until I dropped it on the floor of the shed on my way for a refill. I was devastated, I even emailed last years organizers asking where they got them from so I could get another one printed to replace it but heard nothing back. I bought a two pack of very similar glasses from Aldi which I use now, but it's not the same without AABC logo and placing emblazened across it :(

I love my Sunner Kölsch glass for that style.

Aprt from that, I sometimes use my ANHC taster glass, my Bitter and Twisted taster or whatever style I feel like on the day (beer style notwithstanding). I have a lot of beer glasses.
I bought a box of Erding Weiss from my bottlo for about $20, and a box of Pils glasses from Potters Brewery, and they get a run when friends come over.
I have an AABC glass and several NSW pewter mugs, for appropriate time and place.

I probably use my nonic pint glass the most

Most valued would be the Orval Chalice and Triple Karmeliet glasses, they are beautiful

I have large cheapies from Overflow - classic shape, fit in a stubby holder.

I seem to enjoy beers from my delirium tremens glass best, it has a shape that really seems to direct the aroma to the nostrils.

You hear a lot about the shape of the glass suiting the style of beer. I think it can be simplefied to a glass that makes the beer look good and a glass that increases the aroma coming off the beer as you sip it. Narrow glasses like many pilsener and kolsh glasses tend to look good because the head is condensed/taller and the thinness shows off the clarity. A glass with a wider opening immediately over the beer is going to allow more aroma to escape to the atmosphere where your sniffer is but I guess also escape full stop. The Delirium tremens glass is pretty good as forms like a wide chalice but it comes in a bit ideally retaining the aroma. Of course this is all my own theories formed while sipping beers so take it for what it's worth.

I do tend to like drinking english/american ales from a pint glass, but I rightly or wrongly percieve more flavour from the DT glass is used, even if I feel somewhat silly drinking a beer out of a glass that is very untraditional (kind of like a star trek nerd being embarrassed to having watched star wars?)

Delirium%20Glass.gif

Not my photo btw, it was given to me by Senor googelle

Back