fathers day brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridge runner

Reaction score
My wife is going to buy the grain for a fathers day brew and take the kids out. Can't think what to brew? Help would be good. Have a porter bitter and cider at present.

With it heading towards the Halloween/thanksgiving period, you could always do a pumpkin ale? A little american, I know, but I keep meaning to brew one as I have always wanted to but end up changing my mind at the last minute. Might be time I pull my finger out..

As a side note though, that really is an awesome fathers day present. She's a keeper, sir!

you want help ?

my advice is to brew the night before or the following week and spend the day with your children instead

Nah thanks Don......don't really conform to premeditated days of love and celebration.

With little ones I don't get much brew time. So I gotta take what I can get. Thinking maybe a wheat or kolsh. _

gillie said:
With little ones I don't get much brew time. So I gotta take what I can get. Thinking maybe a wheat or kolsh. _
the great thing about a wheat is you can tuck into it after a week, not so much with a kolsch. I was knocking a few a few of mine back on the weekend - 50% wheat, 50% pale, tettnanger to 16IBU & mangrove jack's bavarian wheat yeast...easy as

Chunkious said:
Nah thanks Don......don't really conform to premeditated days of love and celebration.
you brewing Christmas day as well ?

Xmas is different story to me mate, along we birthdays etc.....
But jesus dying for my sins or a day where I buy my Valentine a present....I'll live spontaneously thanks.
Brewday is usually over buy 9.30 - 10.00 so the day will involve bonding for somepart.

I was just after a recipe looking at a USA wheat with maybe Dan star yeast

Latest posts

Back