Fake Dan's Coupon

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever the original purpose of this "hoax", it has been an interesting exercise in the effectiveness of viral marketing.

In the last 24 hours, I've received the email from 3 completely independent sources.

I don't even have 3 friends :(

i renewed my subscription to beer and brewer not long ago and got 2 coupons for 12 kirrin beers each (yea yea have a chuckle)...

anyways took the coupons in and after a bit of convincing the manager left with my case of beer. the thing was these copouns looked real dodgy like straight from a canon inkjet printer. if i was smarter i would of scanned them first, printed out more and visted all 89 dans outlets that day. unfortuantly im too lazy to do that.

A similar thing happened about 12months ago here in VIC with fake Urban Burger vouchers being distributed on the net. I think it was Nando's who jumped on the PR bandwagon and offered to redeem the fake Urban Burger voucher for a Nando's burger.

Cheers SJ

Reckon I'd rather spend the $5 on a fish and chip shop burger than get one of their 'super let's get as big a bun as we can, sprinkle some herbs on it and charge $11 burger' even if it was free. Urban = sheizen.

Next they'll be trying to improve salt and vinegar chips by using balsamic!

WHAT!!?

+1 on the fish and chip shop burger, but free is free (and it actually resulted in free Nandos rather than Urban Burger).

However i do understand where your headed with your jab at UB.

Cheers SJ

i renewed my subscription to beer and brewer not long ago and got 2 coupons for 12 kirrin beers each (yea yea have a chuckle)...

anyways took the coupons in and after a bit of convincing the manager left with my case of beer. the thing was these copouns looked real dodgy like straight from a canon inkjet printer. if i was smarter i would of scanned them first, printed out more and visted all 89 dans outlets that day. unfortuantly im too lazy to do that.

Same here, they did not believe me that such a program existed, and despite the coupon saying 2x6 packs the barcode on it, only scanned up one free six pack.

I thought I was pretty lucky that they gave me the beer, the whole process did not look very convincing.

anyways took the coupons in and after a bit of convincing the manager left with my case of beer.

It was your beer, the manager had no right to leave with it. You should have stopped him! :(

stagga.

Back