Ezychargers 16g bulbs/KK Growlers - seen this?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bradsbrew said:
I just happened to have brand new drafto still in it's packet and just done what i suggested earlier. The water came out as clear as the tap. Growler had been used a few times though.
Yeah the drafto seems to be fine/clean. Might still need the thread tape though...

Adr_0 said:
Sorry for doubting you n87 and malt junkie, it looked pretty clean inside - bit hard to tell in poor light I guess.
That's fine, I would be more worried if you believed everything you read on an internet forum

malt junkie said:
My ethos: never belive something is clean unless I cleaned it.
Yeah you're exactly right - I'm generally the same, but thought the rinses I did and the first 2L flush would have done it. The photos I attached were the second 2L... so a pretty frightening amount of crap in one 2L growler.

I'm still a little disappointed that while 4m of 'industrial' SS seamless tube in my brewery came out spotless, a product intended for serving beer has got a massive amount of disgusting crap in it. I'll actually hit with sodium metasilicate just to make sure...

I bought some of the non-threaded 12g bulbs from here to go in to the tap king assembly, did one with water as a test run and never came out like this mess...

Haven't used them in in a long time though, wonder how they look these days...

damoninja said:
I bought some of the non-threaded 12g bulbs from here to go in to the tap king assembly, did one with water as a test run and never came out like this mess...

Haven't used them in in a long time though, wonder how they look these days...
I think you'll be right - I don't think it's the chargers. Looks like it was fine residue on the inside of the KK growler that I was using. It looked alright peering into the neck, but obviously was far from alright.

Back