Exact Output Of Different Regs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobsta

Reaction score
hi there guys,
been reading about the low/med/med adjustable/high pressure regs, but havent seen anywhere where there is a simple setout of the flow rates, which is what us un-initiated lay persons would find the most useful... so could somebody smart please settle this once and for all? whats the flow rate in kg/hr or the low/med/med adjustable/high pressure regs. hopefully then i might be able to get more than a blank stare out of the people at bunnings/bcf/etc.

Lobby

hi there guys,
been reading about the low/med/med adjustable/high pressure regs, but havent seen anywhere where there is a simple setout of the flow rates, which is what us un-initiated lay persons would find the most useful... so could somebody smart please settle this once and for all? whats the flow rate in kg/hr or the low/med/med adjustable/high pressure regs. hopefully then i might be able to get more than a blank stare out of the people at bunnings/bcf/etc.

Lobby

I can't answer your question. I did use something similar to this and it worked very well, probably a little overkill, but the control made for excellent control on mongo burner

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LPG-L-P-G-Gas-Regul...1QQcmdZViewItem

heres the med adjustable from beerbelly.com

Medium Pressure Fully Adjustable LPG Regulator

The most versatile regulator we have now, this regulator is adjustable from
0 kPA (no gas flow) to 207 kPA. Suitable for small boils all the way up to 100 litres. Perfect if you're doing standard (23-25 litre) batches now, but think you might upgrade to double batches later.
Standard POL connection to LPG bottle, 1/4" connection to burner.

Regulators have a maximum working pressure from which you can work out the maximum flow rate, but will not by anywhere near the correct flow rate as you have hose and a burner contributing a massive pressure drop. The pressure drop through your burner is by far the largest of the two, and is very dependent on wear so it is not constant.

For example.. my reg is a "medium-pressure adjustable" or whatever... it actually says on it "8kg/hr". At full bore I would say I go through 1-1.5kg/hr.

Latest posts

Back