Esb Winter 2008 Homebrew Comp

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump

Don't forget entires close 5pm 4th of July - with judging on Saturday 19th July.

Prizes are Gift Certificates from The Brew Shop (thanks to Dave)

1st place for each class $50
2nd place for each class $25
3rd place for each class $15

Best of Competition Class winner $50

This is a BJCP Sanctioned Competition Program.

Good luck to all entrants

Cheers
Peter

I'll have to re-brew my entry.
I brewed it and it was great. To style and everything.
Took it to a family bbq lunch, and they drained the entire keg :(

Doc

Yes, I didn't count on the uni student being home for the weekend. I was confident there would still be a few pints left :(

Doc

Yes, I understand, 2 of my three brothers in law have helped create keg space this w'end!

P

Hi All,

Don't forget entries close 4 July deliver your entries to The BrewShop or ESB Brewing Supplies.

Cheers
Peter

Good Day

Just a reminder to get your lager, stout and/or ESB entries in tomorrow

:beer:

bump

Entries close 16:00 today drop off at ESB Brewing Supplies 1/11 Lorraine Street
Peakhurst or the Brew Shop 60A Henry Lawson Drive Peakhurst

Cheers

Peter

I hope Dave doesnt tell you I dropped off mine at 17:25pm ! :eek: :p

bl**dy syd traffic :angry:

I'm sure he won't now you have "fessed up"

Cheers

Peter

Hi All,

The committee have decided that for logistic reasons (19 entries) the judging will be held at my place. I will email those people who have agreed to judge and those who have entered and for anyone else who wishes to attend and doesn't know where the venue is please pm me.

Judging start is still 09:00 date is still 19 July 2008 probably done by 11 ish and time for a cleansing ale (Sparkling Ale on tap)

Cheers
Peter

Hi All,

Thanks to all that entered and those who came to judge the standard of all entries was very good.
A pleasant Saturday morning in the sunshine. 080719_ESB_Comp_1.JPG080719_ESB_Comp_2.JPG

However enough of the pleasantries here are the results View attachment 080719_ESB_Winter_Competition_Results.pdf

As all the place winners are ESB members the next ESB club meeting on Friday 26 July will now become the Presentation Night where Certificates and Prizes will be awarded. All other entrants should receive their scoresheets in the post by the end of this week.

We look forward to running another comp next year.

Cheers

Peter
Organiser/Steward ( and as the judges determined - the overall winner for my ESB!)

Thanks Peter and all the judges.
Only tasted my ESB a few days ago and a 97 is pretty much where I would've placed it. Can the entrants look forward to receiving the score sheets in the not to distant future????

Should be in the post Monday or Tuesday so you should get by the end of the week. ESB members will get theirs on Friday.

Peter

Congratulations Comrade.

Did Barry & I tell you that we put a condition on the BOS prize that you have to make a lager for the club? :)

See you at the postmortem on Friday - should be a good night.

Rgds,
Pete

I am assisting No1 son with a BoPils much against my better judgement! Clogging up my fermentation fridge for more than a week.

Peter

Latest posts

Back