Erdinger On Tap In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I find Erdinger the most cod ordinary of the German hefes. The overall selection has to be pretty ordinary to entice me to part with $10 for a glass of that. I might have encountered poorly managed kegs, I don't know, but on a couple of tries I was left feeling underwhelmed.

Totally agree

I guess I am a bit sick of being over-charged for what is still just a glass of beer! For $11 I reckon the glass should be included. I was just going over our costings for what we are producing here at The Flying Horse. I could charge you $11 & include the glass & still make a nice profit.
Cheers
Gerard

If there's an agreement that the glass is included, that's fine. If there is no such contract of sale, it's theft. I don't steal from businesses whose prices I disagree with, I just take my custom elsewhere (I'm looking at you Redoak, $10 for 180ml of porter, pfa!).

I agree $11 for a half litre of Erdinger is steep tho, but that's what the nicer bars in Sydney charge. Whether it be rent, wages, cost of fit-out or pure profiteering, I don't know.

Personally I find Erdinger the most cod ordinary of the German hefes. The overall selection has to be pretty ordinary to entice me to part with $10 for a glass of that. I might have encountered poorly managed kegs, I don't know, but on a couple of tries I was left feeling underwhelmed.

I actually prefer it from the bottle, maybe the kegs we get out here are less fresh? But even then, I agree. Not much real weizen character.

Erdinger is the VB of German wheat beers to me.

Many others leave it behind with Schneider at the top of the heap.

tdh

The Erdinger Dunkel Weizenbock is a treat in my opinion, although I've never tried it on tap. Would love to know if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some Paulaner, bottles or on tap.

Back