Epic Pale Ale - First Taste

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a epic pale ale today & thought it was great then a sierra nevada anniversary ale straight after which took the cake what a awesome brew

Try slowbeer, Chris has some left according to the website. I dont think I'll fork out the 12.50 a bottle any more, but the 3 I had last time I was in were heavenly. Please tell me you picked up some Torpedo while you were in haha.

I'll try slowbeer today. And yes, in fact I did pick up a Torpedo ;)

If anyone knows where to get the Armageddon IPA in Melbourne please let me know!

Grace

I work at Prince Wine & Spirits in South Melbourne and we have plenty of the Epic Lager, Pale Ale, Mayhem and Armageddon :)

Come see us on Clarendon St.

Ps I just work there, I'm not an owner.

Cheers,

KK

I work at Prince Wine & Spirits in South Melbourne and we have plenty of the Epic Lager, Pale Ale, Mayhem and Armageddon :)

Come see us on Clarendon St.

Ps I just work there, I'm not an owner.

Cheers,

KK

And all your beers are nicely refridgerated! I was visiting Melbourne around the time that Luke was doing the instore tasting (a few months ago), however I couldn't hang around. :angry:

Still, I made out like a bandit with some Schneider Hopfen Weisse, Rogue juniper beer, various IPA's etc.

Ha! Do you by any chance go to St Ali for coffee? My partner (who manages the place) always recommend going to Prince's for wine, and I've gone there for a few ESBs before. I'll drop by later on this week, or send the better half on the way home tonight. Cheers for the tip

Grace

Had the Epic Armageddon IPA yesterday while bottling my latest brew. Fantastic drop. The hops seemed a little more focussed than the Mayhem - far stronger in the citrus, rather than the resin and pine that I got from the Mayhem. Both great beers, although if I had to pick I'd probably go with the Mayhem.

Had the Epic Armageddon IPA yesterday while bottling my latest brew. Fantastic drop. The hops seemed a little more focussed than the Mayhem - far stronger in the citrus, rather than the resin and pine that I got from the Mayhem. Both great beers, although if I had to pick I'd probably go with the Mayhem.
Yeah i would definitely agree with everything you have said there.

Half way through my first bottle of Epic pale ale ( I don't get out much) Wow! nicest ale I've had for a long time. Smells like hops straight into the kettle.

Half way through my first bottle of Epic pale ale ( I don't get out much) Wow! nicest ale I've had for a long time. Smells like hops straight into the kettle.

Well they used a lot of US Cascade so I'd expect so... :icon_drool2:

i've never tried this beer, you guys are making me thirsty....

is there a good AG clone of any of these ales?

Oh yes, this is a great beer. The first step into hoppy craftbeer wonderment for me! I then had Tuatara APA and Armageddon which were magnificent examples. The Zombie and Barrel Aged Armageddon are also top drops (especially if you can ever find them on tap!).
Epic beer was really the first step in bringing me to homebrewing. I wish I could make great hoppy ales like this and one day I will!

Cheers

Chris :icon_drool2:

i've never tried this beer, you guys are making me thirsty....

is there a good AG clone of any of these ales?

Check out this thread too. The clone recipe I used based on the Brewing Network podcast and modified for no chill was the money. All this talk about Epic Pale Ale has motivated me to make another one in the new year. It requires a fair amount of US Cascade hops, but its worth it!!! :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back