EOI Brew Wash Powder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assume this is probably all gone. But if you have any left, would love 2kg posted to Sydney.

I would like 5kg, I'm in Melbourne off St Kilda Rd.

Is this still available? Could really use some. Thanks!

Mardoo said:
Awesome stuff BB!!! I didn't have a brew pot that needed heavy cleaning, but I burned the crap out of a pan this morning. Started here:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1479526870.161955.jpg

Ended here with a gentle easy scrub of about 60 whole seconds:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1479526979.863475.jpg

Well done BB, and thank you!
You won't be on breakfast duty at the swap! I hope!

I could use some too, maybe 5kg, not sure how much my tub holds. I'm in Essendon, can come pick up.

Dam hindsight! Ill put my self down for 5kg + postage or I could probably do pick up BB. Probably way too late.

I hope all is good.

Nosco

No responses from BB for a while. School holidays will be over in a few days, so hopefully we'll hear from him soon after that.

I'm very keen to get mine.

Looks like boddingtons best has real life keeping him busy.

Do any of you fellas in Melbourne have Gerrys number and can check that he's all right?

Getting a dose of the wash powder would be nice, but I'm more interested in making sure that he is OK.

I have his number as I was going to give him some banked yeast. I've tried to reach him a number of times with no response. Bit worried something has happened, but that's all I can offer. I don't really know him so have no other way to check.

Is anyone else willing and able to step up and organise something? Where does one purchase bulk supplies, and bags?

I'd be willing to put in a few hours to help package orders, if someone wants to arrange the bulk purchase, and provide storage, bags, measuring and sealing equipment. This thread suggests there's a lot of demand, so it might be nice if a few people offered to help.

Do we know ingredients? I've been very happy with the 5k I got. We know sodium percarbonate and sodium metasilicate, but not the surfactant and the other bit, if I recall correctly my inability to remember.

Mardoo said:
if I recall correctly my inability to remember.
When you can recall your inability to remember there is no problem, it's when you can't remember your inability to recall is when your stuffed.

Mardoo said:
Do we know ingredients?

boddingtons best said:
60% Sodium Percarbonate 30% Sodium Metasilicate
approx 8% Sodium Carbonate
non ionic detergent/surfactantant
Chelating agent

Using current suppliers it looks to come out around $8/Kg cost.
The chelating agent is quite expensive but I think worth it.
I was just going to assume that this is a good recipe - nobody seems to have complained about it in this thread. My half-remembered high school chemistry and complete lack of subsequent research isn't up to the task of offering a critique, except maybe of the spelling of the word "surfactant". But that would be petty.

If we can come-up with some details, I'm sure my alter-ego would be able to source the bits & offer them for sale at a good price, given the demand & the power of purchasing in bulk... ;)

Posted earlier in the thread, ratios weren't though

I think I recall wolfy putting it in a bulk buy thread at some time though

(happy searching)

Latest posts

Back