EOI Brew Wash Powder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

altone

Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong area or doesn't abide by the rules from my understanding it should be ok.

Ok, I'm doing this anyway but I don't have a need for some 32Kg of Brew Wash so wondering if others might be interested.

I'm based in the E SE suburbs of Melbourne and making up a very good Brew Wash powder.

Similar to something you've all used before.

60% Sodium Percarbonate 30% Sodium Metasilicate
approx 8% Sodium Carbonate
non ionic detergent/surfactantant
Chelating agent

Using current suppliers it looks to come out around $8/Kg cost.
The chelating agent is quite expensive but I think worth it.

Would be supplied in a heatsealed plastic bag - Postage at cost

Special offer on local delivery :
E and SE suburbs - a bottle of your second best beer
Other areas - the further I drive the more beer :p

If anyone wants just the Percarb/Meta mix I can do that for $5/Kg

Also looking at making a Phosphoric acid based sanitizer if anyone wants that but still pricing
looking about $9 for a 500ml bottle atm. But hope to find a better price.

Anyone wanting this via post, I can also get low cost food grade citric acid and have some sodium perborate that you may be interested in to fill up the post bag.
We can talk about that later.

So anyone interested ?

All constructive feedback welcomed.

Cheers
Gerry C

Note: the price is based on what I've already purchased - the greater the interest, the lower the price

It was the Melbourne boys that motivated me to buy direct from the supplier here in Brisbane.

Hunt down the old threads. 25 kg for about $40 then a bit more for a few bags of met.

I highly rate the met by the way.

But for pre pack bags of 1kg, that is a really good price though.

Hope that helps mate.

moonhead said:
What does the met add over pure perc?
I don't know the chemistry so happy to be shot down.

Whenever I use met as well I get a much better result on the thicker hop oils. It also seems to clean better at lower temps. If I have 70 deg water then I trust Perc will do the job pretty right.

Met doesn't seem to be 'consumed' or reacted out as quickly as Perc and I will add met for big soaks.Would love details here as this is only my empirical observation and a gut feel.

what chelating agent are you looking at using? and what detergent? just sds or tween 20:80
id be down for a few KG I was going to put together something similar I just bought 200g of sds

At what rate would you use the $8/kg product?

Just trying to figure out whether I would want 1kg, 2kg, 3kg or 5kg.

I suppose postage to Sydney would be either 3kg or 5kg Parcel Post satchels?

I would be interested in 3kg + delivery to perth, PM me if this is a go as i dont frequent these forums as often as i once did

Pending on final details, I would be in for a few kg's

To peteru exactly the same rate as that famous one as it's very close to it. So about 8-12g per litre.

As for the chelating agent - price was based on EDTA but might go for a more bio friendly one if it's as effective - still looking.
The surfactant/detergent is a blend of biodegradeable ones used in some parts of the dairy industry.

Pity I missed out on the bulk buys as it would have been cheaper but still ok and as a few of you have shown interest I'll
keep going on the chelating and even surfactants
If someone has tried putting this cleaner together well before and has ideas feel free to let me know.

I've used oxyclean and percarb before but they just don't have the cleaning oomph of the real thing, hence this thread :)

Oh I have a small powder blending unit so I can make sure everything is mixed appropriately in case you were concerned.

Cheers

Gerry C

ps. the local delivery options were serious - have 3 cars and no job so plenty of time :)

Gerry, sounds good, pencil me in for 10kg. Ill share courier with n87 if it goes ahead. Did a quick couriersplease quote and about 35 shipping for 15kg.
Cheers
Mike

Sounds great. I'd be interested in 5kg sent to Sydney please.

Would be good to save some money on shipping Mikey, I guess any other sydneyites and coasties could jump on, save us all some dosh.

Interested in 3kg of the brew wash to Newcastle.

Would be interested in 5kg. Live in Camberwell, so might be able to spare a bottle of beer if delivery goes that far.

Latest posts

Back