EOI Brew Wash Powder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok rough count for the NSW crew, we always manage to sort our Syd/CC/Newky redistribution

N87 - 3kg
MikeyR - 10kg
Peteru - 5kg
Cliffo - 3kg
Goldstar - 10kg
Welly2 - 3kg

Total 34kg

Did a quick courier quote on 2 boxes of 15kg each, less than $50 to one address. Yeah i know it's 34kg but did the quote before spotting Welly. Just needs to be under 25kg per box.

Sounds good. I'd be happy to take the delivery for Sydney lower north shore area and have people come and pick up from my place in Willoughby.

@Siftyboy - mate, delivery anywhere from Cranbourne to the city can definitely be arranged for beer :)
Camberwell is certainly ok.

So seriously Melb metro I can deliver for a bottle or 3 and a yarn

Otherwise Fastway or post at cost - your choice.

Looks like the Sydney crew are all set up for a 1 drop delivery too.

As soon as I have the final cost I'll post it here and PM those that have requested.
Still waiting to find out the 'handling charge" from the guys I'm getting the chelating agent from.

I expect to have the first batch blended and hopefully split by next weekend

So this is a go for sure.
-----------------------------

Oh, anyone in Melb getting this delivered If you are interested in 100% Isopropyl alcohol I can do that for $2 a beer bottle full (approx 335ml)
Got about 50l of the stuff and don't need it for work anymore.
Just let me know when we arrange delivery.
Cost me about $5.50/litre for 80litres so pretty sure that's a good price.
Can't post or courier - Flammable - dangerous goods, (How do the ebay guys manage to do it?)

Cheers

Gerry C

So, like I said, still not sure of final price but under $8/Kg and shipping at cost.

I've ordered enough now to make around 80Kg of BWP (that's different enough isn't it? :D )

Current EOI as follows (apologies if I've missed someone)

EOI - not actual orders

Mikey WA 3Kg

Siftyboy VIC 5Kg

Kwinchee QLD 5Kg

NSW Krew - 1 drop

N87 - 3kg
MikeyR - 10kg
Peteru - 5kg
Cliffo - 3kg
Goldstar - 10kg
Welly2 - 3kg

Total 47Kg

If anyone else is interested feel free to add your names

Any leftovers will be sold on ebay for a profit to cover cost of bagging etc.

Bummer about not being able to easily ship the isopropyl. It's very useful stuff, if you can get it pure, without perfume and other impurities. I'd be easily up for a litre or two. Great for cleaning circuit boards, reading glasses, removing sticky stuff, disinfecting surfaces and plenty of other stuff. I bought a 250ml spray bottle and it only lasted about 12 months before I used it all up.

Can we get a confirmation from the NSW people that you are happy to pick up from Willoughby?

peteru said:
Can we get a confirmation from the NSW people that you are happy to pick up from Willoughby?
I'm in Newcastle and don't head to Sydney often.

I'd prefer it being sent direct to me if at all possible. Obviously happy to pay the postage.

cliffo said:
I'm in Newcastle and don't head to Sydney often.

I'd prefer it being sent direct to me if at all possible. Obviously happy to pay the postage.
If you get to the coast, I can grab yours.

I will bundle in with MikeyR. I cant get to Willoughby easily, sounless Mikey can, I would bundle in with a different group

Gold star and I are wanting to split postage and have both our orders sent to me (Newcastle area) if this can be done.

cliffo - 3kg
Goldstar - 10kg

cheers,
cliffo

@boddingtons best - sorry bud, will have to cancel my interest in the brew wash. Got collected by a car coming out of a driveway while taking kids to school. Kids ok, but my left femur was broken into three pieces. Not going to be brewing for sometime

Hi,
I will grab 5kg of brewery cleaner and one bottle of the sanitiser as well.

Couple of questions;
1/ does this mix work / is safe to use on other things than stainless steel - i.e non stick pans and clothes like just pure sodium per carb does?

2/ I live in Mt Mt Martha on the Peninsula - is that in the 'delivery area' or do you want me to come in the the city somewhere or to post?

Cheers,
Aaron

Hi
I am interested in 2 or 3 kg to Sydney, can pickup Willoughby
James
Zwitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Siftyboy said:
@boddingtons best - sorry bud, will have to cancel my interest in the brew wash. Got collected by a car coming out of a driveway while taking kids to school. Kids ok, but my left femur was broken into three pieces. Not going to be brewing for sometime
Bugger the brew wash are you ok? - not a bad compound fracture, just a little rest and then you'll be back to normal?

Drunk Az said:
Hi,
I will grab 5kg of brewery cleaner and one bottle of the sanitiser as well.

Couple of questions;
1/ does this mix work / is safe to use on other things than stainless steel - i.e non stick pans and clothes like just pure sodium per carb does?

2/ I live in Mt Mt Martha on the Peninsula - is that in the 'delivery area' or do you want me to come in the the city somewhere or to post?

Cheers,
Aaron
Yes it's safe to use on other stuff. I'm thinking of diluting the leftovers with sodium carbonate to make an Oxywash type product and selling it off on ebay
and yes I can deliver to Mt Martha - might cost you 2 beers though :D

To Cliffo and goldstar - of course we can do that but with that quantity I'm thinking Fastway [or a courier service you use] would be cheaper than posting

EDIT: Rather than posting another message ,
I'll be making up and splitting the first 40KG this weekend so we might need to go to orders rather than EOI

I'll wait till it's in the bags then start asking for orders/payment cost of chemicals per Kg is $7.74 so I'm thinking $7.80 plus freight at cost is the final price
I'm supplying bags, labor, packing etc. so essentially making a loss, but will make it up selling off the remainder on ebay. [hopefully]

boddingtons best said:
To Cliffo and goldstar - of course we can do that but with that quantity I'm thinking Fastway [or a courier service you use] would be cheaper than posting
I'd expect so too. I'm happy to go with Fastway.

I'll check Fastway and couriers please for the bigger buys and use the cheaper one unless you guys have a preference.

Now, as a bulk buy organizer virgin should I ask for orders and payment here or start a new thread like "Brew Wash Powder 1Kg bags" ?

Im keen for 5kg to Brisbane as well if other brissy people want to combine postage?

Thanks for the feedback 'boddingtons best' I have sent you a PM.

Sorry if this becomes a duplicate post - I thought I posted this a little earlier but can't see it.

I miscalculated the price of the brew wash powder because I bought more chelating agent than will be used in the BWP and added it all to the cost.

The actual cost per Kg will be $7 even NOT $7.90

I have around 80Kg of white powder sitting here atm so if the cops come round I'm stuffed :D

The powder blender is smaller and slower than I thought, so it might take a while to get it all bagged up.

I'm thinking Monday we switch this to actual orders rather than EOI and get this party started.

PM's will go out once I've got a fair amount bagged and ready.

If this one doesn't fry my sealer what next? Sodium Metabisulphate, Food grade citric acid? I'll think of something :)

Gotta look busy for the missus otherwise she might disown me. :D

Latest posts

Back