Ebay Virgin's Questions - Security?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had my bank account rolled 6 months ago,someone had my details off ebay, then pulled out a $100 one day, i immediately got a email from paypal saying there was suspicious activity and to contact them, i did and they said they had suspended my account ,they recommended contacting my bank which i did,

the bank cancelled my card and were going to chase it up ,they also said i would get my money reimbursed but could take up to 6 weeks,
i eventually got my money put back into my account from paypal because the scammers hadnt transfered the money from paypal into their account quickly enough.in short i think it is pretty safe now but i still closed my paypal account as i reckon the scammers would have tried it again later on.
fergi

I got done twice in quick succession last year when I was buying a camera.
First seller as it turned out sold the same kit to six people. Paypal got my money back within a couple of weeks.

Bought another kit 2 weeks later ( Nikon D60 + lenses etc). The item description had a link to the VR lenses (image stabilised) but when it turned up they were just the standard lenses and one had obviously been dropped and damaged.

Ebay/Paypal were able to help negotiate the return of the faulty lens and a refund to cover the postage etc. and the lenses being not as advertised.

Paypal certainly saved me a lot of grief.

Campbell

Back