Ebay Kegerators

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's most definitely a rip off
they've copied the ad straight from beerspiritsdirect1's page

yeah well some guy called drinkbeerallday just bought the last 7 ? :ph34r:

yeah well some guy called drinkbeerallday just bought the last 7 ? :ph34r:

Sounds fishy Maheel.
(1) The seller is new and has not sold anything before
(2) The buyer of the 7 is new and has not bought anything before
(3) The buyer ID shows up as a***e
(4) drinkbeerallday is not #3 above
(5) As Sp0rk says - he is not beerspirits direct but used their advertisement
(6) I hope you used paypal to pay, so you can hit them up for a refund when he does a runner with your cash.

I submitted my claim for refund through Paypal, its just funny that this person has 30 days in which they can continue to do this till ebay/paypal do anything. I wonder how much money they can wrought off the system in that time. Also what kind of low life scams home brewers, don't they know we are a bunch of tight asses. :p

don't forget if they got the $ out of paypal quick enough you get nothing.

don't forget if they got the $ out of paypal quick enough you get nothing.

From Paypal:

When you pay with PayPal on any website, we can help recover your money (for purchases less than $20,000 AUD) through our Buyer Protection Policy if you are eligible and:
your item doesn't reach you
your item is significantly different to the seller's description.

What must I to do to be protected?
If you don't receive an item you've purchased or the item is significantly not as described, you could be eligible for PayPal's Buyer Protection. Here are some of the things you need to be eligible:
Buy physical items that can be shipped (the policy excludes vehicles such as cars, caravans and boats).
Pay for your item with PayPal at an appropriate checkout. During the checkout process, you'll be advised if the checkout is eligible for Buyer Protection.
Pay for your item in a single payment. Items purchased with multiple payments (like a deposit followed by a final payment) don't qualify.
Raise a dispute within 45 days of payment. You will need a PayPal account to do this. You can sign up for one at the same time as lodging your dispute.

Nice to know that PayPal/Ebay will actually get the police involved...

I remember getting scammed by a kid in melbourne selling non-existant mobile phones on ebay.

Detective was all like "this kids an idiot. so many mistakes"

and then I received more than my money back and a grovelling letter from the kid and his lawyers ;)

Got the 2 fiddy deposited back into my paypal acc today. Sent emails to Ebay and Paypal to get the result. Was easier than I expected!

Back