Ebay Items

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a 100L SS boiler starting at $100 in Tahmoor New South Wales

Just contacted the seller of the numerous 6kg digital scales for sale, you can pick a set up from their place for $50, saves a lot of time playing silly buggers on ebay.
I am getting a set this week.

Home bar setup with fridge, maybe good for those who rent.here

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
Just contacted the seller of the numerous 6kg digital scales for sale, you can pick a set up from their place for $50, saves a lot of time playing silly buggers on ebay.
I am getting a set this week.
So where are these ?

And his contact?

Batz

Batz,

I checked out this guy a while back and he is based in Perth/Fremantle.
Looks like he has upgraded his website, but hasn't done the contact info properly.

Will see if I can dig up some more info and get back to you.

Beers,
Doc

..ang on I'll nip out to the shed and take a pic. In the mean time, he is in Subiaco, the scales are quite small but seem to do the business ok, and 6kg covers most grain bills.
phone no is : 08 9388 7044

Cheers
In increments of what?

Mine is only 2KG in 1gm increments

6kg would be cool

Batz

here they are, looking a lot smaller than on brayco.com.au and ebay.

from 1gm to 6kg

scales.JPG

gimmie one !!!

There is another mob selling scales, Ultraship. I bought the Ultraship-30, which weigh 14kg, 2 gm increments to 2 kg, after that, 5gm increments, detachable head, runs off C cells, made in China. Buy now is usually AUS $49.95. They ship from Salt Lake City and mine took 10 days to arrive and very happy with them. Total cost was AUS$74.95 via Paypal. Listed in Laboratory section on ebay. They also do larger size scales.

Anyone in Perth interested in scoring a set of the scales?
If so could you pick me up a set?

Let me know and I'll send you the money and postage

Cheers Batz

There has to a use in home brewing. RIMS system anyone?

"self contained THERMOMIX heating and pumping unit has two thermocouples for accurate temperature control and can be set to circulate and maintain 25C, 30C or 37C or has an overide for variable temperature settings of between 20 and 80C"

On ebay here

Cheers
Pedro

Pedro said:
There has to a use in home brewing. RIMS system anyone?
On ebay here
With a maximum current draw of only 3.4 amps then it would have about an 850 watt element in it. Probably not much use for a rims system, most people tend to use larger elements than that

Cheers

Ausdb

That's a lab water bath heater. I don't think it would be much chop for a RIMS though (especially since you don't know what it's been stirring, the ones here are pretty gungy), plus the element wattage is pretty low.

I used one once however to maintain the temp of a water bath in which I sat my mash tun (a 19L stainless steel pot at that time) in after I doughed in and got the temp right. Worked great but massive over kill.

It could be used to maintain a water bath that your fermenter sits in but for a lower price an aquarium heater does the job.

Anyway, just my thoughts on it.

Cheers, Justin

He does have a nice Tel Tru thermometer though: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...3867158513&rd=1

Look at those funnels, useless, drained in 1 second flat. Now, if it were hooked up to a keg, that may provide more beer for the drinkers.

Wonder what sort of cleaning instructions it comes with?

A really nice shiney SS mobile beer bar here

A little pricey though at a starting bid of $3999 :eek:

Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back