eBay Items III

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chest freezer free! Working condition and sounds OK

Collect only Sydney

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CHEST-FREEZER-FREE-...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is an old but reliable freezer that has been running without problems for years. You can have it for free if you are prepared to remove it from my property yourself. I won't get involved helping you remove it - that's your job. Great extra freezer for large families - keen fishermen for bait -frozen pet foods or just as a backup. If you are prepared to take a punt and remove the fridge - it's yours. However no responsibility taken for whatever happens to it afterwards. The fridge is in fair condition and has worked like a charm for years. You decide - ready for pick up from a north shore suburb of Sydney. Bring your own trailer and trolley. Decided to give it away as it's hard to sell a 30 year old freezer, no matter how good it has been going. Getting ready to move house.

Batz

No quite :excl: That's a cheap 1 micron "nominal" cartridge & will most likely not clear your beer.
Also doesn't include any fittings or disconnects :p

cheers Ross

Description reads:

Gravity or low pressure filter with 1 micron pleated washable filter.

1 micron filter will remove most suspended sediment.

Filter can be washed and reused.

See through filter housing with 3/4" Bsp ports

Description reads:

Gravity or low pressure filter with 1 micron pleated washable filter.

1 micron filter will remove most suspended sediment.

Filter can be washed and reused.

See through filter housing with 3/4" Bsp ports

Screwtop, It's a 1 micron "nominal" cartridge (CraftBrewer sells "absolute" cartridges) - actual sizing on "nominal" can be up to 3 times the stated figure (or more), "nominal" just basically means that most the holes are this size. The trouble is when you filter the wort, it will most likely take the easiest path. If you want to use a cheaper "nominal" cartridge you need a 0.35 micron one to get similar results, but at 0.35mn the price starts getting close to the 1 micron "absolute" price anyway & without the consitancyof results.

hope this makes sense.

Cheers Ross

Screwtop, It's a 1 micron "nominal" cartridge (CraftBrewer sells "absolute" cartridges) - actual sizing on "nominal" can be up to 3 times the stated figure (or more), "nominal" just basically means that most the holes are this size. The trouble is when you filter the wort, it will most likely take the easiest path. If you want to use a cheaper "nominal" cartridge you need a 0.35 micron one to get similar results, but at 0.35mn the price starts getting close to the 1 micron "absolute" price anyway & without the consitancyof results.

hope this makes sense.

Cheers Ross

Ross, how can you tell its nominal and not absolute? It doesnt state either in the description - or are you assuming its nominal for exactly this reason?

S

Ross, how can you tell its nominal and not absolute? It doesnt state either in the description - or are you assuming its nominal for exactly this reason?

S

Sammus, from the colour of the plastic ends, this is the Industry reference - the "absolute" ones are purple in colour. Also all filters should be considered "nominal" unless otherwise stated, as this is the Industry standard. Finally a supplier is not going offer the more expensive "absolute" filters without letting you know in his sales pitch ;) ...

cheers Ross

Edit: Anyway, lets get the thread back on topic :) - anyone that wants further filter information, please email me.

hope this makes sense.

Cheers Ross

Just wanted to see if I could get another rise out of you :D I use a Craftbrewer 1uM filter myself, for a bloke who gives away Barra Lures you sure bite well Rossco.
drunk-irish-048.gif

Just wanted to see if I could get another rise out of you :D I use a Craftbrewer 1uM filter myself, for a bloke who gives away Barra Lures you sure bite well Rossco.
drunk-irish-048.gif

Thought it was a genuine question Screwtop me old mate B) Helped some others anyway, I hope :)

cheers Ross....

Thought it was a genuine question Screwtop me old mate B) Helped some others anyway, I hope :)

cheers Ross....

There's no need to jump to the defence of your products mate, quality speaks for itself. By the way, the item you didn't stock when we spoke about the other day, ordered it from one of your opposition, not off their site, direct by phone as I wanted it delivered by Friday, no worries they said, overnight bag, well it didn't make it!

There's no need to jump to the defence of your products mate, quality speaks for itself. By the way, the item you didn't stock when we spoke about the other day, ordered it from one of your opposition, not off their site, direct by phone as I wanted it delivered by Friday, no worries they said, overnight bag, well it didn't make it!

Powells Malt ... Powells Malt ... Powells Malt ... :lol:

Batz

HI there,

This has already been bought by me but I think the description is worth a read.

Beer glass

Looking at the seller's userid I'm not sure if it's a bogus description or not. Could be the result of a Google translation. Good read though.

Nice find Batz, shame it doesn't have a buy it now price...

cheers Ross

HI there,

This has already been bought by me but I think the description is worth a read.

Beer glass

Looking at the seller's userid I'm not sure if it's a bogus description or not. Could be the result of a Google translation. Good read though.

"the old person oil mill" is that like in the movie Solyent Green ?? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back