• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would happen if you ripped the sticker off?
Or the BOC part of the sticker?

They will also stamped BOC or CIG, only a dodgy place would refill them. They might be cheap for 20kg of CO2 but they come with the same risks as buying kegs someone picked up from the back of a pub.

500 bottles, fermenter, capper, 3 Litres iodophor, 10 l pot, heater belt- $50!!. Roleystone, Perth

HERE

Sodastream have replaced these with new aluminium cylinders that contain less c02 (therefore you are paying more). There was a grace period a few years ago, however you can't get them swapped over anymore. They are very old!

Cheers,

Clint

I recently changed several very old bottles over at a major variety store.

See the trick is, to take them to the counter with the youngest, dumbest bird behind the counter and ask for an exchange. No probs!! Go to the other store though with the old dragon lady behind the counter and she basically beats you with a stick telling you "No, we can't change them over anymore!!"

Just have to shop around!! ;)

will have a look at it when it arrives. If its possible to safely do so, I'll strip it and post pics.

Hey PF,

Has your temp controller arrived yet? Just curious as to how well they work (although I have a STC-1000, I'm still a wee bit curious :) )

Cheers

Sponge

Hey PF,

Has your temp controller arrived yet? Just curious as to how well they work (although I have a STC-1000, I'm still a wee bit curious :) )

Cheers

Sponge

Here goes, arrived today. Was simple to pull apart.

However, it is not switching the freezer on/off. The temp sensor part reads and displays fine. The power through to freezer seems f'd up :angry: . I'm being patient but its not working. I set it up acc to instructions.... sigh.

Pictures:
DSC00268.JPG << front
DSC00267.JPG << back
DSC00260.JPG << IC
DSC00259.JPG << some sort of blue box thingy
DSC00264.JPG << this is next to where the temp probe is soldered in.
DSC00258.JPG << capacitor close to blue box
DSC00257.JPG << model #?!
DSC00256.JPG << Overview of innards
DSC00266.JPG << date of manufacture?!

Anyway, looks like this will go in for a paypal dispute if I can't figure it out. The instructions are really simple - plug in, press 'set', dial in temp, press 'set' again - hey presto... or not!

You say you're being patient.. how long have you waited? Its possible the fridge is in a frost-free stage and will come good if left for 20mins or so. Or you may have already waited this long in which case it sounds busted :(

damn thing is set to heating. I set it to 30C + and the freezer kicked in straight away - if it doesn't work, set it arse about. F'd if I can tell how to switch it around :( I'll have to research.

If I left it as it is, say... I set 6C, it will kick in soon as it gets cooler than 6, but will stay switched off if its too hot!!!! f'd up. Where do I live?! antarctica...

damn thing is set to heating. I set it to 30C + and the freezer kicked in straight away - if it doesn't work, set it arse about. F'd if I can tell how to switch it around :( I'll have to research.

If I left it as it is, say... I set 6C, it will kick in soon as it gets cooler than 6, but will stay switched off if its too hot!!!! f'd up. Where do I live?! antarctica...

Doh!!

I picked up one that looks alot like this one and use it for heating only. It's great for my bottle conditioning cabinet and even though it's more expensive than an STC-1000 and not as good I didn't have to wire a thing B)

Doh!!

I picked up one that looks alot like this one and use it for heating only. It's great for my bottle conditioning cabinet and even though it's more expensive than an STC-1000 and not as good I didn't have to wire a thing B)
I reckoned that with the saving of buying sockets, wiring, plugs, switches, box - it will be cheaper than an STC-1000.

CORRECTION:

It works. I should read directions more carefully. It came with a little leaflet inside the box but since the box was 99% chinese I ignored it. You have to "LONG hold" the UP button to switch between cooling and heating. Will report back on how it actually performs.

Here goes, arrived today. Was simple to pull apart.

However, it is not switching the freezer on/off. The temp sensor part reads and displays fine. The power through to freezer seems f'd up :angry: . I'm being patient but its not working. I set it up acc to instructions.... sigh.

Pictures:
View attachment 49914 << some sort of blue box thingy
Anyway, looks like this will go in for a paypal dispute if I can't figure it out. The instructions are really simple - plug in, press 'set', dial in temp, press 'set' again - hey presto... or not!
the blue box thingy looks like the relay. This is the contacts that open/close to control your juice to your appliance....
what is it actually not doing? or doing?
does it have a indicator that it is "on/off" .. is this indicator changing state at your set temperature?
can you hear the "blue thingy" click as the set point is reached?

Latest posts

Back