• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckoned that with the saving of buying sockets, wiring, plugs, switches, box - it will be cheaper than an STC-1000.

CORRECTION:

It works. I should read directions more carefully. It came with a little leaflet inside the box but since the box was 99% chinese I ignored it. You have to "LONG hold" the UP button to switch between cooling and heating. Will report back on how it actually performs.
lol .. oh the ******* instructions .. of course.
I think you are well on the way now...

real men can read instructions.

the blue box thingy looks like the relay. This is the contacts that open/close to control your juice to your appliance....
what is it actually not doing? or doing?
does it have a indicator that it is "on/off" .. is this indicator changing state at your set temperature?
can you hear the "blue thingy" click as the set point is reached?

Yep, clicks. Everythign looking good atm. Waiting for the freezer to reach 6C now, will see if it works. See last post, it was the instructions to switch between hot n cold that threw me off, they weren't on the ebay posting. Thanks for the explanation though, couldn't figure the blue box out, it just said OUT under it on the circuit board.

Crazy shit, reading the manual is helping you work out how it works and how to use it?!?

:p

BTW: Keep us posted on performance :icon_cheers:

lol .. oh the ******* instructions .. of course.
I think you are well on the way now...

real men can't read instructions.

Corrected that for you :lol:
you may have fucked up by not reading the instructions .. asking a question .. and then answering the question yourself .... but at least you did the "real man" thing and openly admitted this.

Nothing is more painful than people who realise they have fucked up ... so try to eat the evidence so that the world can't see they fucked up.

I admire you for posting what the problem (solution) was.. anyone reading can follow the whole the story and learn from it ... many just walk away from the computer and hope the thread will be buried and forgotten ....... well done.

Are those socket temperature controller suitable for high anp/watt things like urn elements?

Are those socket temperature controller suitable for high anp/watt things like urn elements?
I don't think there is enough information to say that it is. The relay box thingy says 15A @ 250V. Thats a lot of juice it seems to be able to handle.
The temperature controlling 'capacitor looking thingy' had upto 105C printed on it. The temp probe cable has 80C printed on it. However, the probe itself is plastic. Also, the other components might not be up to task or not reliable enough to rate the thing to that power level. I wouldn't risk it...

So far though, it overshot to 5C, thats 1C lower than I set it, too much cooling due to the keg and beers being warm before I suppose. Anyway, its holding and the it switched the freezer off and its been off for a while now. btw, anyone wondering, the sockets are a snug fit for aussie plugs. No dramas there.

Nearly bought one of those, happy to see it can cool your freezer. Got another stc instead.

I was thinking about just getting one for the keg fridge for a quick and easy solution.

Seems like all is good now that the old heat/cool function has been switched around? Plus I wouldnt think the 1' overshoot would be such an issue for a keg fridge...

Cheers for keeping us posted on the progress none the less PF :icon_cheers:

Sponge

bought one of those last week, should arrive soon I suppose.
Thanks for taking one for the team and reading the instructions for me. ^_^

he has offered his parents services. and they are coming down for xmas... hopefully Will be a good xmas present for me

I was thinking about just getting one for the keg fridge for a quick and easy solution.

Seems like all is good now that the old heat/cool function has been switched around? Plus I wouldnt think the 1' overshoot would be such an issue for a keg fridge...

Cheers for keeping us posted on the progress none the less PF :icon_cheers:

Sponge

Yep, this morning, was back to 6C and stable. Can't be happier so far.

bought one of those last week, should arrive soon I suppose.
Thanks for taking one for the team and reading the instructions for me. ^_^
heh.. nw, was pretty quick postage considering FNQ.

Latest posts

Back