• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed..... advertising stills from his shop :ph34r:

I cannot believe it, but the HBS at Holden Hill SA (literally a stones throw away from the largest police station in SA) has several 25L stills setup ready to purchase. Seen them a short time back... Whilst illegal, do the cops turn somewhat of a blind eye to this...?

I was under the impression that you can own a 25L boiler (urn, whatever) and a still head, but just not allowed to have them attached. I mean, as previously stated, you can buy a 5L still from many of the brew shops in Aus. Who's to stop anyone buying a "boil-a-beer" boiler et al, and attaching the still head and start producing away...??

If the above shop can sell them attached as complete 25L stills (in a BREW shop) around the corner from the fuzz, do the authorities really care, or are they just unable to stop it??

The backdrop in the shop makes it look like its Cooperage at Smithfield Sydney?

Had to have a 2nd look & I agree. Reckon they could use some online sales, never seems to be anyone else there on the rare occasion I have to drop in.

Not trying to be petty, but that is not the Smithfield store. It is my LHBS, but ill reserve the name in case they don't want to be identified.
Great bloke and store, can't comment on the urns or stills.

Cheers

Dont know how illegal it is because Ebay is an international market place, so he may be quite a sharp tool depending if he will ship overseas.
GB

It is an Australian Store & it's illeagal to be in possession of one over 5L in size whether you are using it or not. Obviously not your area of expertise either.....

cheers Ross

Edit: The police will generally turn a blind eye if you aren't advertising the point. The same as serving beers in an unlicensed brew shop. But, as soon as you advertise &/or if someone complains you risk them coming in & confiscating your entire stock plus the possibillity of fines.

Not trying to be petty, but that is not the Smithfield store. It is my LHBS, but ill reserve the name in case they don't want to be identified.
Great bloke and store, can't comment on the urns or stills.

Cheers

He has the address of his shop in the auction description, I guess anonymity is not a concern for him.

Back on topic...

Sediment Extractors WTF?!?! They're second hand and he's selling them for more than retail?
Maybe some skilled negotiator/bargain hunter could barter him down a bit and get a good deal? I've never used anything like these before but if they were half the price I might give it a whirl.

Back on topic...

Sediment Extractors WTF?!?! They're second hand and he's selling them for more than retail?
Maybe some skilled negotiator/bargain hunter could barter him down a bit and get a good deal? I've never used anything like these before but if they were half the price I might give it a whirl.

Like his username 'ahbsq'

QldKev

As i do the odd part time work in a brew shop.. i know for a fact that 3 local officers all own stills, i have served them all.... go figure... just dont advertise it, talk it up or flog too much off to your mates... should be right.

Here's a guy selling his own homegrown hops! I admire his ambition. At the moment they're $5, the buy it now price is $15... for 45 grams. So $30 for a 90g packet. Plus there's the added benefit of not knowing the aa%. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hops-Home-Bew-Hersb...=item2561cc667d
And the heading is this
Hops for Home Bew Hersbrucker

Bew??

then this
The Hops is vacum sealed

the hops is??? and one u in vacuum

then this
Pick up can is also ok

mmmmmm <_<

Latest posts

Back