• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its the most standard and better one you can get pinlock kegs but its best to get ball locks not sure why never had pinlocks

its the most standard and better one you can get pinlock kegs but its best to get ball locks not sure why never had pinlocks

Thanks for that - I have 3 corney's but what threw me was their statement (cornelius type) like there are other ball lock types.
Thanks again
Cheers
BBB

ps. yes I'm getting 2 more ....

yes there are other ball lock types cornelius and firestone the main difference is the ball lock posts they both take ball lock fittings but the posts are little different I am not sure if a corny post will fit on a firestone keg or vise versa

Edit: here is a bit of info on kegs and post types LINK!

OK, I give up... I don't know exactly what this is, but I'm pretty sure you can make beer in it...
It has an element concealed under that false bottom and a tap out the front. I don't know if it leaks/works but if someone in or near Marrickville is keen to find out more, here's the link to The Bower

big_ol_urn_thingy.JPG

And inside...

inside_of_big_ol_urn_thingy.JPG

A Copper you say? Must be a bit before my time...
It looks like it will clean up ok though. Why is it called a copper and not a stainless steel?

A Copper you say? Must be a bit before my time...
It looks like it will clean up ok though. Why is it called a copper and not a stainless steel?

In the 50's they were called Electric Coppers. Before buying a new electric copper my Mum used the predecessor, an old copper tub outside in a sort of cast iron stove. The fire underneath heated the water in the copper tub, an old broomstick was used to dunk and stir and remove clothes from the copper after they were boiled up in soapy water. The new fangled electric copper could be used indoors, no lighting fires outside or in an outside wash house. Wasn't too many years before the washing machine came on the scene, they had twin rollers on the top for wringing out the clothes, the wonders of modern science :lol:

Screwy

I see.

So, I'm guessing it would need a hell of a clean to get rid of decades of soap residue. After which, would it actually be any good for brewing?

yes there are other ball lock types cornelius and firestone the main difference is the ball lock posts they both take ball lock fittings but the posts are little different I am not sure if a corny post will fit on a firestone keg or vise versa

ty for the link.

I see.

So, I'm guessing it would need a hell of a clean to get rid of decades of soap residue. After which, would it actually be any good for brewing?

I wonder how many nappies it's boiled over the years...?

Thanks for the info kelbygreen.
Cheers
BBB

no worries I only found out as I have a firestone and corny the posts have different nut sizes but I have never tried to put one on the other.

no worries I only found out as I have a firestone and corny the posts have different nut sizes but I have never tried to put one on the other.
Kelbygreen thanks again
While you are there - is there one question I can ask them that would immediately tell me which one they are selling?? Is there a single distinguishing feature between firestone and corny apart from getting them to measure the nuts???
any info appreciated
Cheers
BBB

Back