• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my delivery of hops that I purchased off ebay.
Heres the link to one of the varieties this guy is selling... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brewing-hops-German...=item3a6450a0fb

Took about 3 weeks to arrive from Europe (including customs inspection). They're vacuumed nice and snug but are in clear bags. I won't be brewing with them for a few weeks, so I will report back then.
In the meantime, less than $20 for 16oz of hops? Bargain I say.

I just received my delivery of hops that I purchased off ebay.
Heres the link to one of the varieties this guy is selling... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brewing-hops-German...=item3a6450a0fb

Took about 3 weeks to arrive from Europe (including customs inspection). They're vacuumed nice and snug but are in clear bags. I won't be brewing with them for a few weeks, so I will report back then.
In the meantime, less than $20 for 16oz of hops? Bargain I say.

Let us know how you go brewing with them. I used to use them for some hops, but found most of them lacked aroma so stopped using them. Hopefully they have sourced some better ones lately and we have another bargain place to get them.

On the hops you linked to the postage alone is $20, it also says they don't combine shipping. How are these less than $20? I must be missing something

On the hops you linked to the postage alone is $20, it also says they don't combine shipping. How are these less than $20? I must be missing something

$20 US mate. If you buy it at the right time like I did, it comes out under $20 AUS. I paid $19.78 ea.

Edit: Current exchange rates put it at 39.5303 AUD for 2 packs.

It's cause you normally win these auctions for 1c. So as pimpsqueak says $US20.01 is under $AUD20.00

So thats why they don't combine shipping!

Although hopsdirect is still cheaper. :) The last batch of 7 pounds cost me $130

Always good to know new places to get hops though!

Yeah. That was the only annoyance so far... they won't combine shipping but it arrived in one post pack <_<
I would have preferred paying more for the hops and less ie. a realistic price for the postage with a chance of combining. But, loads of ebayers do it in order to reap the benefits of low success fees so whaddaya do?

Although hopsdirect is still cheaper. :) The last batch of 7 pounds cost me $130

Always good to know new places to get hops though!

So that's just over $18.50 a pound right? Pretty bloody good but in order to get that price you have to buy in multiples like you did. One or two pounds will end up being quite costly won't they?

for those people wanting a cotrol panel enclosure for their brew rig

here

cheers matho

Yeah, but when there's cascade and chinook and columbus and amarillo and saaz to try, its not hard to get 5 or 7 pounds. :) 5 pounds shipping is lightly more expensive, like 50c extra a pound. Fresh and guarranteed to be good.

So that's just over $18.50 a pound right? Pretty bloody good but in order to get that price you have to buy in multiples like you did. One or two pounds will end up being quite costly won't they?

I just bought off these guys as well, 3 of us went in a bought 8 pounds between us. Total cost $165.37 but that included some of their more expensive ones. We kept breaking it down to $ per 100g to compare to buying the small bags from the shop. So $4.56 per 100g
Got the following
East Kent Golding Pellet x2
Willamette Pellet x2
First Gold UK
Hallertau (GR) Pellet
Cascade Pellet
Chinook Pellet

Yeah, but when there's cascade and chinook and columbus and amarillo and saaz to try, its not hard to get 5 or 7 pounds. :) 5 pounds shipping is lightly more expensive, like 50c extra a pound. Fresh and guarranteed to be good.

Very true. I did look at hopsdirect but I just don't do the volume of brewing to take advantage of the prices. Maybe when I move to a bigger place... and get a bigger liver. :)

$20 US mate. If you buy it at the right time like I did, it comes out under $20 AUS. I paid $19.78 ea.

Edit: Current exchange rates put it at 39.5303 AUD for 2 packs.

Mongrels! I had to pay USD $0.06
(+USD $20.00 shipping) so the total came to AUD $20.33 for 455 odd grams.

Latest posts

Back