• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After an urn as well, however the Crown one I am looking at has a 2400w element this one is 1800w. Nice price and free postage though, someone with more experience might be able to tell us if it can reach a good boil..

Just came across this on ebay. looks like a great gadget for the party kegging brigade, just need a sodastream adapter and away you go.
CO2 reg

^^^ At that price, that little reg has potential for people looking to run different pressures in the one keg system.

Nice find.

Cheers SJ

After an urn as well, however the Crown one I am looking at has a 2400w element this one is 1800w. Nice price and free postage though, someone with more experience might be able to tell us if it can reach a good boil..

I have not used them, but a few months ago there was a discussion and the general consensus was stay away from them.

QldKev

edit: lol posted at same time as clueless ans they sound the same.. great minds think alike!

Just came across this on ebay. looks like a great gadget for the party kegging brigade, just need a sodastream adapter and away you go.
CO2 reg

^^^ At that price, that little reg has potential for people looking to run different pressures in the one keg system.

Nice find.

Cheers SJ

They are no good fo brewing, they work on flow output (ie how many bubbles) not pressue like we use

QldKev

I have not used them, but a few months ago there was a discussion and the general consensus was stay away from them.

Yep, stay away from them, they are a piece of shit.

Mine did 6 brews i reckon before the elements blew up. More than enough people have had problems with them to be more than just coincedence...

Save for a birko or crown.

Actually, i've installed a $9 electric kettle element into my aluminium pot, and this is a much better solution to those shitty urns....A birko or crown however is a different story. Would love one for my HLT.

Yep, stay away from them, they are a piece of shit.

Mine did 6 brews i reckon before the elements blew up. More than enough people have had problems with them to be more than just coincedence...

Save for a birko or crown.

Actually, i've installed a $9 electric kettle element into my aluminium pot, and this is a much better solution to those shitty urns....A birko or crown however is a different story. Would love one for my HLT.

well thanks for the heads up

not ebay but quickly on the topic of urns, this is the best price on a birko 40L i've found so far... now to start saving

http://www.ljstuart.com.au/cgi-bin/page.pl...201009040%20Urn

well thanks for the heads up

not ebay but quickly on the topic of urns, this is the best price on a birko 40L i've found so far... now to start saving

http://www.ljstuart.com.au/cgi-bin/page.pl...201009040%20Urn

Thats not a bad price! You could always support the site sponsers and buy one from them. I believe Ross sells both Crown and Birko units?

I also bought one of the cheap shit urns off evilbay... I have since installed a $7 kettle element too. I used to use it for partials, but no good for AG for me as its only 30L (mine is anyways)

Nev

They are no good fo brewing, they work on flow output (ie how many bubbles) not pressue like we use

QldKev

yeah I was a bit worried about a reg going up to 1500 psi, could be a very quick force carbonation :)

re urn
wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one of these 50L pot and then fit one of these heating elements into it. Comes out at less than $150 delivered.

G'day mate, are these still on sale, I can't find them?
DU(( obv didn't get back to you...

Zoe's kitchen's details
Zoe's Kitchen (03) 9390 6622
They are at watergardens
Watergardens Town Centre
399 Melton Highway
Taylors Lakes, VIC 3038
Contact Details:
Tel: (03) 9361 5555 Fax: (03) 9361 5500

re urn
wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one of these 50L pot and then fit one of these heating elements into it. Comes out at less than $150 delivered.

Is this element strong enough to boil a full batch? How about doubles?

I'm also a bit of a doofus when it comes to tools. How easy is it to drill through a curved aluminium pot?

crown urns are only 2400W aren't they? So that element should be ok for singles (not that i've used it). I doubt it would be strong enough for a double batch, but i suppose you could just fit two elements?

Drilling through aluminium is really easy. I helped a mate drill his and it took less than a minute, plus he said the drill bit was blunt as well.

Absolute piece of piss to drill through an ally pot but if you are a bit unsure mark the centre of your hole get a centre punch or very sharp nail and centre punch the hole being carefull not to hit too hard and dent your pot. A couple of soft taps would be fine. Then use a hole saw of correct size and you will be done in no time at all. Much easier then stainless.

I guess one thing to keep in mind is that the urn also have a thermostat so if you wanted that kind of heat control that would be extra plus to do double you would need an extra element.

Cheers Brad

Is this element strong enough to boil a full batch? How about doubles?

I'm also a bit of a doofus when it comes to tools. How easy is it to drill through a curved aluminium pot?

Latest posts

Back