• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just because it's sitting upright. Plenty of stretch in it. It's 8.5mm ID tube and 9.5mm OD (by vernier calliper).

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1461968453.063779.jpg

EDIT: These were originally part of a beer chilling system. The coils were suspended in a tank of circulating water. The tank was wrapped with copper coils hooked up to a glycol chiller. If I had the cash I would have bought all of them and kept them for a project along those lines

talco92 said:
Either of you measured total power usage for all the fridges or running costs for that many fridges per year?
Need to be aware that the fridges (if used for fermentation or otherwise temp/cooling cycle limited by a controller) will not be "always" on.
I have 6 fridges and a freezer, and they're not always on.
Ooops , 7 fridges. Forgot the glass fridge as I haven't used it yet... not including the fridge and freezer pair in the house. Addiction? No, I have enough and no need for more.

stienberg said:
Awesome! Do you have this as some sort of spreadsheet? I'm sure my wife will ask me the same thing at some point.
Think it was Qldkev that did some extensive testing, shoot him a pm

Les the Weizguy said:
Need to be aware that the fridges (if used for fermentation or otherwise temp/cooling cycle limited by a controller) will not be "always" on.
I have 6 fridges and a freezer, and they're not always on.
Ooops , 7 fridges. Forgot the glass fridge as I haven't used it yet... not including the fridge and freezer pair in the house. Addiction? No, I have enough and no need for more.
How many fridges before getting walk-in cold room could be interesting if they all turned on at the exactly the same time.

wynnum1 said:
How many fridges before getting walk-in cold room could be interesting if they all turned on at the exactly the same time.
The answer to this question probably belongs in another thread, but it depends on your brewing schedule.

I may have a number of brews that need to ferment at different temperatures (weizen vs lager etc) and/or need cold crash or D-rest at times that would be conflicting if there was only one temp/room available.
As I mentioned above, sometimes the fridges are not being used, so I just leave them turned off. In Winter, I can use a fridge as a large esky to maintain a stable, yet not too high/low temp for dispensing a Bitter.

I have a fridge full of yeast cultures and another in which I conditions kegs, so you see that I have needs not satisfied by a single cold room. Most of my fridges are fridge only, so I can fit a max of two 50 litre fusti fermentors in them, and the fridge freezer has hops in the freezer section and should probably house the leftover wort in milk/fruit juice bottles to be boiled for yeast culture purposes. Thanks for the reminder to move them today.

Mardoo said:
That's just because it's sitting upright. Plenty of stretch in it. It's 8.5mm ID tube and 9.5mm OD (by vernier calliper).

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1461968453.063779.jpg

EDIT: These were originally part of a beer chilling system. The coils were suspended in a tank of circulating water. The tank was wrapped with copper coils hooked up to a glycol chiller. If I had the cash I would have bought all of them and kept them for a project along those lines
photo's of that setup?

Nope. It was just a verbal description. I'm sure if you contacted him via Gumtree he'd be happy to tell you about it or send you photos. He had a beer dispensing system company that was trying to improve on current designs.

Latest posts

Back