• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys.... c'mon this is bargain big time! Its 3/4 of a 3 vessel system for $160. I cant move it - its been up for more than a week on Gumtree and Ebay. Tell your friends - tell your enemies!! :) :)

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/craigieburn/other-home-garden/home-brew-mash-tun-and-hlt-beer/1104436757

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331777759924?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks all!

Hi all. As I always do here I like to keep it simple and honest. SECOND HAND (eBay made me select new I don't know why) All grain rubbermaid mash tun (40L) with false bottom and electric hot liquor tank (10amp 30L) for sale second hand. Selling due to downgrade to brew in a bag (time and space limitations). Has been used for ~20 brews. Cost was $400 brand new. I'm seeking $ 160 back second hand.

Comes with brass ball valve fittings on both the mash tun and hot liquor tank. Mash master thermometer on the rubbermaid mash tun. There is also a sparge sprinkler (brass) for fly sparging as well as insulation matts (blue foam) and a plastic cover to hold it all down (that is the mash - to maintain temperature). All of this gear is clean well working and ready to go.

THERE ARE IMPERFECTIONS:

1) the mash tun has graffiti all over it. My 3 year old (at the time) got to it with a texta. It's only on the outside and only cosmetic.

2) the mash tun has a hair line crack right around the the 2 gallon / 8 liter mark. This happened on first brew and has not presented as any sort of issue in the subsequent 20 brews since. See photos for evidence.

3) the hot liquor tank lead has a small split in it where it joins into the bucket. This doesn't affect its operation but may be a concern. See photos for evidence.

4) External nuts on ball valves have a small but of rust on them. This is only superficial and has no contact with wort. See photos for evidence.

All of these imperfections are minor and DO NOT EFFECT OPERATION OF THE EQUIPMENT. check my feedback rating - I take being honest on here seriously.

It's all in great nick and will serve a new owner very very well.

No postage as the items are too big and bulky.

Cheers.

How's your conscience selling someone an electrical element with exposed wiring??? I'd be concerned but that's just me...

"Its 3/4 of a 3 vessel system"
that's 2.25 vessels for sale - your maths may vary

good luck with that sale. you'd have to pay me to take that plastic bucket with exposed wires.

Citro clean will take that texta off, would make it look a little nicer!

Nah, I'd keep it as it is. It adds that little "I don't know what" as they say.

Love the BoD, btw.

I like to live dangerously, so I'd probably brew pant less, surrounded by my other interests...my precariously balanced broken glass and razor blade sculptures and my collection of illegally strong vinegars, which are stored in unsuitable and open containers...as we purists like to do it.

Thanks for the direct feedback all... I didnt know about the negative connotation for the 'BoD'... Seriously I just had no clue. Its worked so well for so long.

Ill drop it from the sale and just try my luck with selling the tun with FB.

ta. :mellow:

grott said:
This a Spartanburg keg in top condition and used only a couple of times. Anyone know about these kegs.
Thanks
Well seems I've been ripped off! Send $80 for keg and postage to his bank account in Strathpine Qld, and he advised would post on 8/2/16, not received and messages sent for postal details ignored and he has now turned off Gumtree "conversations". Have his name, lives Telegraph Road, Brackenridge Qld. but no number or phone number. Not sure if can mention his name here?
Perhaps moderator could advise if ok, as someone might know him.
Cheers

So who won this? Quiet little auction ;)

Andale.jpg

Danwood said:
No Les, not in the bin... because there is no body, no drifter and absolutely no body, OK ?

They were just three unrelated, commonplace situations off the top of my head.

And seriously, I certainly wouldn't celebrate narrowly getting away with murder with a Carlton, even if my face DID smell like Citra !

But, next time I do commit murder, I'll ask the advice of a Weizguy.
that's good. And you definitely have no involvement with the two legs that ended up the the dump at Summer Hill (near Newie) then?

OK, then back to serious e-Biz.

Here's a cheap (sort of) WilliamsWarn unit on Gumtree

I\m not advocating here, just advising, so if you have money to spend, and want this sort of unit, go for it. A guy at my work saw the one at HN and went berko over it.

Les the Weizguy said:
I\m not advocating here, just advising, so if you have money to spend, and want this sort of unit, go for it. A guy at my work saw the one at HN and went birko over it.
FTFY, better option..

Latest posts

Back