• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down to 18 = it doesn't work at all, I have one here that will be on the side of the road next kerbside collection that gets down to 18 too, north Brisbane if anyone wants it.

You cannot re-gas them, advice I got from 2 fridge repair guys is they are cheap junk and it's probably corrosion from cheap metals.

But if it will hold 18 degrees why cant you ferment in it? Am I missing something here?

To keep a FV at 18 it would need to hold about 15/16. If you turn it on it will probably be 19 from the stand still, then with the very little cooling happening the ambient temp will get to 18. Put something warm in there it won't get to 18.

If it was working it would cool well below ambient temp, I suspect it isn't cooling at all.

In my experience, once they start to go it's not long before they're just an insulated box.

Allrighty then. Maybe not such a good buy. Thanks Dibbz and Camo

Latest posts

Back