• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$200 seems a bargain for getting into kegging
keg king cylinder

Coorparoo in Brisbane

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coorparoo/other-kitchen-dinning/home-brew-kit/1083814276
Complete Home Brew Kit for 2 Kegs, ready to brew
Includes-
-2x 18 litre Kegs
-1x 6kg Co2 Food Grade cylinder
-1x Dual Gage Regulator
-1x Stainless Steele Dispenser Gun Tap
-2x Fermenters
-1x 1 litre Fermenter Keg Cleaner
-1x 5 litre Glass Spirits Bottle
Other Accessories

Screenshot_2015-06-29-18-28-46.png

Pick the Aussie

taeanbrewer said:
I got a couple running in my HLT to replace the KegKing ones as they blew up.

Feedback on these
Fit up no problems using the same hole.
You do need to supply your own nut.
It does not have a housing for the electrics, so you need to build something
It does not have an earth point, so I soldered a crimp to the body of the element.
The one you linked to is 3,000w. So you cannot run it from a standard 10amp GPO, you will need a 15amp.
The first one is about 10 brew old, the second is about 5 brews. Both have worked perfectly so far.

Here's a pic of the earth
element_earth_zpsc7qb0vv6.jpg

Les the Weizguy said:
This auction ended at $51.99 yesterday, and it appears the item has been relisted (edit: now with a $300 start point).
Can they DO that? I thought the auction result was final.
Someone got gipped.

he speaks the truth
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/304-stainless-steel-wine-vat-tank-200-litres-500mm-x-1000mm-high-olive-oil-beer-/301682802707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item463db24013&nma=true&si=zE3UdaDxCOR6jmDlenHIR4ClJpk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

there may be a legit reason for it being relisted... but considering the relisted has a starting bid of 300... i suspect there is something dodgy going on.

Could be they got their mate to place a bid to help bump it up a bit

QldKev said:
I got a couple running in my HLT to replace the KegKing ones as they blew up.

Feedback on these
Fit up no problems using the same hole.
You do need to supply your own nut.
It does not have a housing for the electrics, so you need to build something
It does not have an earth point, so I soldered a crimp to the body of the element.
The one you linked to is 3,000w. So you cannot run it from a standard 10amp GPO, you will need a 15amp.
The first one is about 10 brew old, the second is about 5 brews. Both have worked perfectly so far.

Here's a pic of the earth
element_earth_zpsc7qb0vv6.jpg

Cheers for the very detailed response mate. I might purchase some for my HLT as I just put an order in for a more expensive one from Melbourne for the kettle, which is 3600w and has a 15amp I bought to attach.

Pretty happy with this, I use gas to boil but wanted an element to do steps with (I biab) as trying to nail step mashes with gas was a pain due to lifting the bag and losing temp to the cold bag. Put a bid on a 2400W immersion element and won it for a grand total of 99c local pickup

Back