• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw those soda stream bottles with one soda stream one litre bottle on sale for twenty bucks at Target the other day. Might be cheaper than these guys. Cant find a link but I think its a xmas sale.

I got one a soda stream bottle as described above $22 at target. put it in website deals or one of the other threads a few days ago.

Bridges said:
I got one a soda stream bottle as described above $22 at target. put it in website deals or one of the other threads a few days ago.
I saw these. And you get a plastic bottle with them too.

QLD - 200L mash tun.

Not sure how we're going to get this to the next Vic swap... although judging by how things are shaping up, it's still not going to be big enough.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321618989772

$_1.JPG

The vessel runs on gas. It comes with a bottom outlet, an own water tap and a thermometer holder.
A power-operated stainless steel agitator is also included.
something we all need

dmac91 said:
Looking on ebay for an urn and find this deal for $120
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-HOT-WATER-URN-S-STEEL-ELEMENT-48L-/111555511988?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19f93a06b4

I'm thinking it looks too good to be true but would appreciate anyone being able to give more info.
1. It doesn't specify if it is a concealed or immersion element.
2. The tap is a long way from the bottom so you'll need a pickup tube.
3. At those dimensions it's over 50L capacity. I doubt you'll get that to a decent boil with a 2000w element.
4. Buy a Crown urn instead

hathro said:
1. It doesn't specify if it is a concealed or immersion element.
2. The tap is a long way from the bottom so you'll need a pickup tube.
3. At those dimensions it's over 50L capacity. I doubt you'll get that to a decent boil with a 2000w element.
4. Buy a Crown urn instead
The base of the urn is not the base of the vessel - the bottom part is where the electrics are housed. So you can't say the tap "is a long way from the bottom" if you don't know where the vessel bottom is. Similarly, vessel volume can't be calculated from the stated height dimensions.

urn.jpg

Its half.the price, if you want cheap no worries and you will still likely make beer for a while in it. I have a crown and a cheap one (the other 48l that seller sells).
Hands down the crown gets my vote.
Cheap is cheap and expect it to be so.
The cheap one I have yhe tap is a little too high but you can always work around that I guess.

There is a thread on them here called cheap Gumtree urns, I'm on my phone some linking is hard, general comments are that it is pretty thin and the taps are about 6L from the bottom. There is a slightly different looking one that clearly states "exposed" in the listing but this one is silent. I was considering one until I grabbed a 2nd hand urn on here for cheaper with a false bottom and ball valve.

Feldon said:
The base of the urn is not the base of the vessel - the bottom part is where the electrics are housed. So you can't say the tap "is a long way from the bottom" if you don't know where the vessel bottom is. Similarly, vessel volume can't be calculated from the stated height dimensions.

attachicon.gif
urn.jpg
The tap is above the black part and the base of the vessel is above the dial, so yes it is a long way.

And of course you can determine the capacity - it clearly states internal height and diameter. Internal dimensions are literally the way you calculate volume...

hathro said:
And of course you can determine the capacity - it clearly states internal height and diameter.
Yep, my bad. Apologies.

Anyone from here? More for the entertainment value than anything else.

All grain brewing beer equipment.

Gotta love the grain dryer and the guys honesty ;

"After three years of brewing beer and cider, I have decided to give up this hobby as I have come
to the terms with the fact that I have an addiction to alcohol and need to get rid of this equipment."

Splitter!

Grain dryer... wow. And 50gm of Cluster to do 60 litres of beer. He obviously doesn't like great beer :p

Latest posts

Back