• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zappa said:
Interesting bit of kit. Very cheap for a fully equipped mash tun. Can't comment on the quality, but it does have a "fault" bottom!

40L SS mash tun
Are those "faults bottom" better than normal false bottoms.i may have to get 1 :)

dave81 said:
Are those "faults bottom" better than normal false bottoms.i may have to get 1 :)
Wonder if its got a decent enough element to act as a biab urn. Also the photo shows two taps on the urn...

jatterbury said:
Wonder if its got a decent enough element to act as a biab urn. Also the photo shows two taps on the urn...
I don't think it has an element at all. The thing in the bottom is a support ring for the false bottom.

zappa said:
Interesting bit of kit. Very cheap for a fully equipped mash tun. Can't comment on the quality, but it does have a "fault" bottom!

40L SS mash tun
That looks like a Thermopot. Originally intended for keeping soup etc hot.

Has a double skin with insulation inbetween to keep the heat in. The stainless might not be 304 or 316 grade, and is thin, but still very serviceable if you look after it.

They've been adapted for homebrewing in the UK for a few years now. They were originally getting them from some mysterious German company that only traded on French Ebay. Was very odd to deal with. But now many LHBS in the UK import them and trick them up as mash tuns. I posted here on AHB about them a few years ago. Good to finally see someone importing them into Australia.

Some UK brewers cut into the base to plumb them for bottom draining, or to put a heater element in.(eg: see http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4178 )

$285 doesn't seem too bad price for a plug & play stainless mash tun with all the trimmings.

billygoat said:
I'm still a rock solid n00b when it comes to kegs... (Apparently) I have three "corny" style ones with (I think) ball lock posts? The ones where the grey connector only fits on the gas line, but you can get the black one to go on both.

Would these be the same sort of thing? Asking the interwebs if an AEB keg is the same as a corny seems to indicate yes... damn, I sound like my first post all over again :D

Edit: Educated myself somewhat... and jumped on a few of the items this guy is offering...

Same guy has a 4 tap kegerator is still available, comes with a CPBF on one of the tap locations!

Serious kegerator envy... must steal that idea. Mines just a chesty with a pluto at the moment.

Anybody got a number for the above post. Sent and email but no response.

Back