• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it is the price with which he is unhappy? Or the colour? Or the shape?

Seriously though, it is a bit expensive. I got my 220l olive barrel for a lot less... $20 iirc

About 2 years ago the 220 litre barrels could be bought for $7 from these guys. Don Burke (the gardener, not the brewer) was a big fan.

Big Sister Foods Pty Ltd
44A Wharf Rd,
Ermington, NSW 2115
Phone:(02) 9804 6111

Not sure if it's still the case, but for the cost of a local call you could find out.

fermenters2.jpg

As you can see i love em. They come in all sizes and i wish i could get ten more of those fifty litre ones. The 90 litre ones are used for storing my base malts, hold about 2 sacks of grain (not pictured).

Attachments

• fermenters2.jpg
    fermenters2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 21
Do you like ducks? or are they geese? We need an zoologist to sort this out once and for all! :lol:

DU99 said:
The esky that is bottom left is what I use for a mash tun. Works a treat and fit standard stainless taps and fittings from the brew shop no dramas. Would recommend. Drops 1.5 deg over a 60min mash with 25L of 65'C liquid.

I shall hand in my resignation to the UN security council as soon as I have hung the washing out :unsure:

Hippy said:
My apologies Surly.
I quoted the wrong post.
I was referring to this one
I HAVE done my share of stuff-ups, but couldn't figure this one out.
Apology accepted, and to be fair, they WERE a bit over priced.

I am perfectly happy to be corrected or contradicted as long as it is justified, so don't be shy. Just make sure you are right :p

Edit, drunk fingers

surly said:
I HAVE done my share of stuff-ups, but couldn't figure this one out.
Apology accepted, and to be fair, they WERE a bit over priced.

I am perfectly happy to be corrected or contradicted as long as it is justified, so don't be shy. Just make sure you are right :p

Edit, drunk fingers
Twas drunk fingers that started this whole mess.
Your most gracious acceptance of my apology is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back