• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Ebay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nickolai said:
Description 10/10
We bought a Braumeister on Friday !!! As I drove out the carpark I said to my daughter I bet on Gumtree a Braumeister 50L will show up tomorrow . Damn right it did and $1600 cheaper...I would driven up to pick this beast up....

lost at sea said:
ha love the overkill on the hoist setup. hahaha

ahhh the rich live well.
My brauclone was designed around that same winch, ebay $90.
Shelving unit $100-200.
Now he's already spent $3500 on the unit whats another couple hundred to save your back.
If your lifting the 50L malt pipe by yourself stop now before you cause permanent damage. And I'm no big nancy I used to bench 140kg and that was double my own weight. Damage done, now I'm happy if I can feel my right foot most days.

kuibrew said:
We bought a Braumeister on Friday !!! As I drove out the carpark I said to my daughter I bet on Gumtree a Braumeister 50L will show up tomorrow . Damn right it did and $1600 cheaper...I would driven up to pick this beast up....
Yep always the way hey. Ive been looking for a grainfather but just bought a new one on the weekend. I think ill avoid gumtree/ebay in case the same happens...

MastersBrewery said:
Shelving unit $100-200.
Now he's already spent $3500 on the unit whats another couple hundred to save your back.
If your lifting the 50L malt pipe by yourself stop now before you cause permanent damage. And I'm no big nancy I used to bench 140kg and that was double my own weight. Damage done, now I'm happy if I can feel my right foot most days.

see this is why i dont deserve to have money, if it were me, i would not have thought to look at ebay for a winch. i would of spent 1k at a 4x4 shop or something lol

nickolai said:
Yep always the way hey. Ive been looking for a grainfather but just bought a new one on the weekend. I think ill avoid gumtree/ebay in case the same happens...
Don't call me "stupid" I knew I needed a 15amp wall socket to be put in ...I ring my sparky up....his reply to me "But you haven't got any more room in your switchboard its chokers !!!" I replied " BUT MICK !!!! it cost me $3600 !!! " ....."Your STUPID a bottle of beer is cheaper at Dan Murphy's ""

MastersBrewery said:
Shelving unit $100-200.
If you're lifting with correct form, there should be no damage
I deadlift 200kg+ with no damage to my back, it's all about taking your time and making sure you're doing things correctly

It would, but in my opinion 4 rings are inefficient and you're better off with a NASA or Banjo burner
Plus 4 ring burners are pretty expensive for a sand cast lump of cheap iron

sp0rk said:
It would, but in my opinion 4 rings are inefficient and you're better off with a NASA or Banjo burner
Plus 4 ring burners are pretty expensive for a sand cast lump of cheap iron
I dunno about that man, I get some pretty good efficiency from my 4 ring, I know folks with NASA or spirals that don't get close tithe amount of brews I get with mine...

Yob said:
I dunno about that man, I get some pretty good efficiency from my 4 ring, I know folks with NASA or spirals that don't get close tithe amount of brews I get with mine...
True, I know if you crank them up you will go through a bottle mighty quick
People wiser than I have mentioned they give a more focused flame when throttled back, so should heat more efficiently

The adjustable reg is the key. With the standard reg it's either on or off and offers no control. Mine runs well on the medium pressure adjustable reg and has the balls to do a 120ltr batch also.

Add the extra money and Go for a Rambo gas burner , electric piezo, adjustable flame and high pressure regulator.(.90l/h at max)
It can boil 130l without a problem .
And 50l in a blink
You will never look back

Latest posts

Back